News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Custom Trunk Lock

Started by John J Brady, 2022-12-07 16:40

Previous topic - Next topic

John J Brady

In need of the connector piece that connects the rear of the trunk lock tailpiece to the latch directly below it so when the key it turned it pulls up and releases the lock. Hard to describe it exactly as mine was missing when I got the car.

Marc

I think this is the piece you're referring to.
I don't have one, just trying to help make it clear.

mustang6984

Looks like one might be able to fabricate that themselves if they had the right metal.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

IF I remember right, mine went missing too. I found it between the trunk lid frame and the outer skin... I managed to fish it out.
Lynn

Wirenut

I made mine with a piece of wire, the wire that is used for suspended ceiling grid. Home depot has the wire in a 10' piece and is very strong and will not rust.

RICH MUISE

Mine actually had the cast dogleg thingie on the end of the shaft broken off. I just ran a heavy string up thru the back seat area to pull up on the latch. Worked well for the year I was driving the car before it got pulled apart for restoration. The trunk ended up getting decked and an electric solenoid was added to do the job, but I still have a backup pull cord.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

incahoots

Believe this is what you're looking for it's actually part of the lock mechanism.

PM me if you're still interested

59meteor

Looks very similar to the rod that my 59 has. A bit thicker than coat hanger wire, but much stiffer. Where are you located? If they are the same, there are 2 58 sedans at my local wrecking yard, I hope to go there next week, weather permitting, but I am in Nova Scotia Canada, but I can check to see if that rod is there, and if it looks the same as that diagram, if you like.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

John J Brady

Thank you all for responding. I was lucky enough to find one locally here from a 57 Custom enthusiast. Much appreciated!!