News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

color indecision? check this out

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-03-25 00:36

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I took the liberty of using 57agin's photo of his gorgeous del rio to show what you can do with an inexpensive digital editing program. Easy to use, this took me 10 minutes, which was a lot less time than figuring how to post these pictures
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I still like his yellow

RICH MUISE

maybe this color...

Bubba

Rich:
That's AWESOME!
Wish I had that software as I've been trying to decide on what colors to repaint my 63A which is currently Black and Inca Gold. Color code AY.
BuBBA

57AGIN

Rich:

Great job.  What inexpensive digital program are you using to change the colors? 

I've got photo shop available, but it isn't the easiest to use.  I was able to do an interesting thing I use on my show display board based on a new car sticker, I photoshopped all the things I had done to my 57 and added a little California specific humor re the gas guzzler tax with have out here.  It usually gets interesting comments.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

I'm using Corel paint shop pro photo x2 (version x3 is out now). If you go to www.corel.com, you can download a free 30 day trial,which is what I did, except I bought the hard version at the store when the trial ran out so I would have the disc and the book in print form rather than the software form. I haven't read the book yet, and I know you can get much more detailed results than the quick one click I am using. Photos you're changing have to have the color details seperated from shadows,etc to change with the one click as I did. For example, a black or dark car is hard to one click because the fenderwells and shadows under the car blend in to closly...when you one click those in all likelyhood all the dark areas will change to red or whatever. That's why I used your photo...the paint was almost pertfectly seperated from other areas.If you download it, load up a photo, scroll down the tools on the left until you get to the color changing tool icon, open that up and chose the one that's not a bucket. Then click on the color on the car you want to chang, then move up to the color paletes at top right click on the color you want, and the car changes to that color. It's that easy!There are many more controls you can fine tune with if you want to get that involved. Have fun! It's free for a month! Great job on the sticker by the way.

shopratwoody

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2010-03-25 00:36
I took the liberty of using 57agin's photo of his gorgeous del rio to show what you can do with an inexpensive digital editing program. Easy to use, this took me 10 minutes, which was a lot less time than figuring how to post these pictures
That Del Rio isn't Bob's :003:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

I was thinking the same thing, but then wondered if Bob had added to the stable, lol...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

KidKourier

It's Bill Lalagos's fine ride (aka: Billy Long Roof) outta Chicago,Ill.,and I'm sure Bob and I both would love to have it sitting in our garages as well as many other members!!! KID

billylongroof

Hi Guys,
It was fun seeing our car in different colors (didn't like the pink so much).  Thanks for the comments.
Billylongroof