News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

2drhrdtp57 in major earthquake area

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-02-22 08:32

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Christchurch, New Zealand was hit with a major earthquake again yesterday, and this time they were'nt so lucky as last September. Reports are major damage to the city, with many large collapsed buildings killing and trapping hundreds. 2drhrdtp57 was one of the many luck ones last time that fared well thru the Sept. quake, and I sincerly hope he has survived this one as well.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

2drhrdtp57

Hi all,

Yes indeed we survived another one, but unfortunately this one occurred during lunch hour in the city at a very shallow depth 5km only at 6.3 magnitude and has caused many injuries and fatalities. Our sept 4th quake was a 7.1 at 30km depth. This one has sustained much more damage than the last.

As I have posted on other forums our heartfelt thanks go out to the USA, Australia, United Kingdom, Japan, Taiwan for immediately coming to our aid with Urban Search and Rescue teams and offers of Government help and assistance.

Spare a thought for the many families who have lost, the total number unknown but stands at 113 dead and 200+ unaccounted for, 120 still trapped in one building presumed dead. Our worst fear that a quake would happen during work hours has unfortunately become a reality.

Thanks again to all for their support.

John
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

RICH MUISE

well, that was a welcomed post...Good to hear from you, glad to hear you survived another one. I don't live in a quake zone now, but I use to live in so cal..in fact I moved there just a week before the big Silmar quake('69? I lose track of years..sometimes decades). We hadn't even unpacked most of the stuff yet and almost moved back to Massachusetts right then and there, so I know what you went thru. It has to be the most helpless feeling in the world. Did you personally suffer any property damage?  Thanks for keeping us posted
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

2drhrdtp57

Glad to hear you were not affected by the fires Rich, theres been some real horror stories around mother nature lately
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead