News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

interesting info

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-10-02 08:39

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I got back from a few days in Fort Worth/Dallas yesterday..some stuff worth mentioning:
I will add a place called Antique Auto Supply to out links list. They are in Arlington and do not have a website..in fact none of the many thousands of nos, new, and some used parts for all makes in their 9 units are listed on computer. He's an old school guy that just runs his business knowing where everything is. You will have to call him with as much info as you have for what you need. He just recently bought out another Fort Worth nos and used parts dealer with packed inventory in 10 industrial units..it'll be months before he knows what's there..but one thing he mentioned was a pair of complete rear fenders for a '57 ranchero (used, but"absolutly no damage or rust").
There were absolutly no '57 Fords in the Goodguys show on Friday. The only '57 that was there was a solid custom 300 2 dr. in the for sale corral. It was registered and had a current inspection sticker. The owner had just closed a deal on it when I saw it, and I got to meet the couple that bought it. They were on the way to the bank to get cash to pay for it, so I only got to talk to them for a short while. I told them of course about our website and invited them to join, so I'm hoping they do..they seemed quite happy that there are webites just for us '57 ford guys.
Talked a to Borgenson (sp?)rep at the show..mentioned some favorable talk about their new steering box on our 57 website, and he asked if it was the 57 fordsforever website!! he checks in here once and a while.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

briney

I was there yesterday and saw the same car.  There was also another sedan and a beautiful 57 red and white Ranchero too.

The weather was the best I have seen in ten years.
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

suede57ford

I nearly took my '57 to Ft. Worth this weekend.  I normally never miss the goodguys show.   Figured I could get caught up on stuff at home.

My parents made it in the turquiose/white '58 retractable pulling the '58 Scotty trailer, that they actually spent the night in.  I heard the weather was perfect.

The Green custom 300 in that was for sale sold, and then was moved to another swap meet space at a higher price.    I heard mit was a good car.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Pat..one of these days I'm going to run into one of you or your family at a show!
When I saw the green '57, the seller and buyer were there and the seller told me it was sold, so I didn't think it would have been appropriate for me to poke around underneath to check for rust. It had an old really bad paint job that was 100% wrinkled over the entire car, that I suspect was caused by laquer being sprayed over enamel, but other than that, was a solid looking car. It had a price of 7200 on the windshield, and the buyer told me he picked it up for 5500. He also told me he had thought about buying a '56, but decided on a '57 because he had always liked the Robert Mitchem Thunder Road. They were planing on being back later in the weekend to pick the car up. The seller had other cars there, and may have been moved to get it away from his still-for-sale stuff.

briney

Rich,

Here is a pic of the car that me and you saw at the show last weekend.

Patrick / Dallas TX   :unitedstates:

RICH MUISE

Patrick...this photo has me wondering about what Pat Fleishman said about the car being moved and a higher price put on it ...I don't remember a for sale sign and the car would have had show cars behind it where I saw it on Friday. Do you remember the price on it when you saw it?
Rich
P.S. Did you ever pick up another '57?

briney

I did not see the price of the car... I'm still mulling over my options on another car. 

I will say that there sure are a lot of good rust free cars down here in our area.

Patrick  Dallas/TX   :unitedstates:

Frankenstein57

Sure guys, rub it in