News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

All us Texas Guys

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-11-20 20:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Meteorman

Well all you guys from Houston I'm also moving to Houston, unfortunately its Houston British Columbia Canada. Its about 800mile south of here which is only an hour from the Alaska border.
After 49 years being an auto body mech. the last 25yrs in my own business doing every body else's cars they can all go to hell I'm retiring and are going to do our own cars. Have been trying to get Nancys 67 mustang done for the last 10 years and its almost done,then its my 57 it doesn't need much will repower it  and some of the usual places are showing up in the body but its been a long time since it was done. I have a 302 and a AOD trans out of a 90 crown vic and with all the information and knowledge already available from lots of you guys i don't expect it to be to hard.
Does any body know if there are any other members from British Columbia.
  Harold.

RICH MUISE

LOL...funny, alot of people move to the "south" when they retire. There are a number of guys that have been on from BC. The only one I can remember for sure was Lono..but he sold all the '57's he had. I think Canadian Ranchero is from Alberta. I'm sure some of the Canadians will chime in here...you may get a better response if you start a new topic "any one from BC?".
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hogwagon

Meteorman Did you get the whole car (90 Crown Vic) or just the drive line without the electronics to upgrade your 57?

Meteorman

Yes i have got the whole car ,Its damaged in the front but not to bad. Is there any thing you need off it?
once i take off my parts it will go to the scrap yard.
Harold

rmk57

I'm from Vancouver, B.C., which makes me much closer to Zapato than Meteorman. I've never been north of 100 mile house but I've always wanted to go to Dawson creek and check out the mining town. Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Had to look up Houston,b.c., just to find out who it was named after. Seems that name requires a lot of old fashioned gumption. Interesting read on John Houston on wikipedia.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

SkylinerRon

This years Fords @ Carlisle is featuring 62-65 Liteweights and SOHC's (25 or more cammers to fire up Saturday with open headers).  There will be lots of oldtime  racers there that you may never get to see again.  This is the year folks.............
Regards,
Ron B.

RICH MUISE

Just added our 17th known Texan..Phil from Leander near Austin ..goes by Quickas01. Phil has 2 '57 Fairlanes (1 is a parts car) and a Custom 300.

wv 57s forever

I'm not from Texas but my football team is now in the big 12. does that count. go mountaineers.

Custom300Madman

1957 Ford Custom 300 Fourdoor, with factory 312 yblock

RICH MUISE

well it took almost a year, but we can add another Texan... "xsilencerx"... he's #18, and from the Austin area. Has a great looking Ranchero..check it out in the "members rides"

Frankenstein57

I say you guys have a big ol barbeque , take pictures, share with us!  Mark

xsilencex

Thank you, good to see so many other Texans on here.

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-10-23 23:19
well it took almost a year, but we can add another Texan... "xsilencerx"... he's #18, and from the Austin area. Has a great looking Ranchero..check it out in the "members rides"

RICH MUISE

ttt to add Juming Jack Flash in San Marcos.
Any other new members from Texas?

jumping jack flash

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-03-21 20:27
ttt to add Juming Jack Flash in San Marcos.
Any other new members from Texas?
Thanks, Rich.