News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New here from Minnesota

Started by sprink88, 2012-03-20 11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

Hi everyone. My name is Chris I live in St. Paul MN. This winter I found a 57 Fairlane 500 sitting in a guys backyard for $1500. 292 4dr hard top post  Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to buy it. The car was garage kept until 4-5 years ago when he pulled it out and let it sit outside. I got the car home, and it sat the rest of our winter and now working on it. New coil point condenser resister plugs and wires the car now starts. Next is to work on the idle then rebuilding the brakes then the front floor pans which are gone. But that's the only rust is the front floor pans. I am hoping to drive it in a month. I am sure I am dreaming, but I believe it will be on the road at least this year.
~Chris

JimNolan

Chris,
  Welcome to the forum. The more the merrier. You can find a lot of answers to the questions you have right here. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

sprink88

Thanks. I originally bought a 1926 Dodge 4 dr to rod out but I always kept looking at Fords on Craigslist. Then this one popped up. I have always been a Ford guy since my brother took me for a ride in his Mach1, even though that wasn't his fav car, I was Ford from then on. This is the photo the guy sent me when I inquired about it. And how it looks now.

~Chris

JimNolan

Chris,
   I don't know if you realize it or not but that isn't a bad looking 57 now. Get it running and drive it while you're throwing money at it. Neat. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

gasman826

Super start on a great ride.  It rides better than those Mustangs anyway!!!!

sprink88

Jim, your right. I do plan on driving it as I throw money at it too. I have all the chrome, beauty rings and caps, and skirts in the trunk. That's why my plan is one month to be a driver. The body has no rust that I can see. I LOVE this car. Is that possible? hehe. And for $1500, I think I got a steal.

Gasman, your right. I bet it does ride better than a Mustang.
~Chris

RICH MUISE

you would have gotten a hell of a deal at 4 or 5 times the price. Welcome to the forum. While you're fixing those front floorpans, spend another 10 bucks or so and replace what probably caused the rusting in the first place...that being the rubber cowl drain tubes on either end of the cowl. when they go bad...and none of them have lasted 50 years, all the water that goes into the cowl never makes it out past the side panels behind the front fenders, but rather just drains into the interior. Nice looking car.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

F570RD

Howdey from across the Ford bridge.

sprink88

Dang, I just saw this now? Hello there F57ORD. Must be in Minneapolis then? What I like about my car is, it was built in the Twin Cities plant. Keeping it local. But do you ever get to any shows or anything?
~Chris

F570RD

Plenty cool your car was built at (our) Ford Plant.Good to see another 57 crusie'n around.My car has been race only for the last 20 years but is on the street again.Your welcome to stop over for a beer.I'm near the VA Hospital.

sprink88

Wow, race only? You put that heavy car on a major diet? How did it do?
~Chris

F570RD

I put the car on major cubic inches.Best was 10.35@128.Tom Moss from St.Paul ran a 9 flat with his 300,but put it in the wall at Brainered a couple of years back.