News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Home from the Portland Swap Meet

Started by Zapato, 2012-04-14 22:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Found a couple of 57 Ford items that I couldn't live without.

First find : 1957 Ford   Body, Trim & Sealant assembly manual.   Seeing as my 57 came to me in many boxes having this will help identify many little parts and proper use.

Second Find : A stack of 57 Ford service bulletins like canadian ranchero shares with us.  I do not have a scanner and not really as computer savvy as I should be so here's an offer. If someone is wiling to scan them and post them so we can all benefit, then I'd be willing to loan them so it can be done.

Zap- :burnout:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

:wave: Zap...great find and great offer....thanks. I'll be more than happy to get it done for us. I'll pm you my address.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Rich, they'll be headed your way tuesday.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Zapato

Rich, they're on their way should get to you Friday.  If you decide to load them unto a disc let me know and I'll be happy to cover your costs. On behalf of the rest of the crew Thank You for doing this.

Zap- :unitedstates: :burnout:
Zapato

RICH MUISE

The thanks goes to you my friend, for sharing them with us. I'll watch for them....and I had thought of loading them onto a disc or thumb drive and mailing that back to you under seperate cover in case, god forbid, they got lost in the mail. Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to make some hard copies for some '57 folks I know who don't get on computers...one in particular is the guy I had talked about from Knox City, Tx. who owns over 70 of our '57's....but not a computer...LOL."computer?" he said.."I live out in the desert..no t.v., no computers...just got me a cell phone." Want to get on his good side so maybe I'll get an invitation to his collection at his home.
Rich

Zapato

Rich, no issues with anything you're proposing. I didn't really look thru the packet too much its been crazy busy up here this week. I did notice there's an index card in the back. Not sure and would guess its not  a complete set of bulletins, maybe we can compare with canadian ranchero and others and see if we can come up with a complete set. Anyway glad you offered to take this on. Let me know when they arrive.

Zapato

Zapato

Rich,has now started posting these bulletins. Believe he deserves a few Karma points for taking this on.

Thank you  once again.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

RICH MUISE

Zap...Finished scanning the service bulletins this morning, and I got them back in the mail to you this afternoon, along with a cd with all 115 pages. I scanned them as jpeg images, so you should be able to open them right up with windows. I'll get the final pages posted tonight. Thanks for supplying them Zap...alot of neat info in them.
Rich

Zapato

Rich, thank you for doing this, glad that I was able to provide what was a truly lucky find. Am sure it will help a lot of us for some time to come. Let me know if you'd like me to cover postage or anything else.

Zapato

Zapato

Rich, package arrived. Thanks again for taking the task on but also for providing me a digital copy.

One thing for future reference, postal service has a book rate so when shipping a manual or book just ask for it. saves a lot.

Thanks again,

Zapato