News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Phoenix goodguys show...a rainout

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-03-10 21:19

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

The big 2500 car show I was looking so forward to was just about a bust....at least on Friday, the only day I had to go. I also believe they had heavy rains on Saturday. On Friday, there were probably less than a hundred cars there. The swap meet was going, and the new stuff suppiers as well, but 1/2 of them didn't bother to untarp or open. There were 2 '57's there though, including a really nice Ranchwagon from the Phoenix area. The owner bought it basically as you see it in the picture out of the San Diego area. He's been looking for a R&P setup, as is his friends, both with 55 wagons. I gave them ST Fabrications info (yellowagon and wildhog)...and of course the info to this forumn..hopefully he'll be joining. The car is a driver, and has been over much of the country. That dark stuff on the splashpan is mud!! Unfortunatly I can't remember his name. In the pic, btw, that empty field was one of the main areas for the cars that never showed.
The Failane is really nice also..for sale at 29.5K
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

At a Phoenix show the weekend I arived, I saw this really nice Ranchero. It belonged to his grandfater, and he had it pro. built. Check out the metal work around the dash components.

Ecode70D

It's a bummer that you got rained out.  At least there were some 57 Fords there. I can't picture that area in my mind.  What part of Phoenix was it held in? 

robhaerr

Nice dash insert on the Ranchero!

I would be interested in who made it and how much.

Rob

gasman826

Quote from: robhaerr on 2013-03-11 19:01
Nice dash insert on the Ranchero!

I would be interested in who made it and how much.

Rob
A guess would be one-of-a-kind.  I made mine.

RICH MUISE

Rob/Gary..hopefully the owner will join this forumn, I know the work was done in Phoenix, but I don't know which shop. I didn't post the pic, but even the radio had the opening radiiused inwards.
Jay...the show with the Ranchero was in Litchfield..if I'm remembering the name correctly. NE suburb of Phoenix n. of I 10. The Goodguys show with the Ranchero is actually in Scottsdale at Westworld, home of the BJ January auction.

Ecode70D

OK Litchfield out by Luke AFB.   Now I get it.  No wonder I couldn't figure out where it was.  I didn't get out that way very often.

ragtop

dash inserts thay do make one for 57 I used one on my 52 but not on a 57 yet

57 Ford Kustom

Ragtop,
   Who makes those gauges for the 57'?
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

ragtop

the dash insert I found was on e-bay #310078107638

gasman826

Bob's Speedometer!!!  Restores or customs anything on the interior.  Radios, clocks, dome lights...anything.  I was in his store.  They took the time to show me around and show examples of their work.  Really great.  If the link works...how about a custom '57 cluster with gauges added.

http://www.bobsspeedometer.com/1/120/retrofit.asp

Frankenstein57

Dolphin gauges makes a nice dash insert, but their gauges don't have a good reputation, Mark