News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The bonehead award of the week goes to...

Started by Marc, 2016-06-21 14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Me!! Just finished up getting the car ready for paint. Slammed the hood closed and then realized I'd removed the hood release cable.
:angry5:
Luckily the nose piece was off and I was able to reach under and unbolt the hood from the front. I think the car was telling me it was time to lay down the tools and have a beer.

Zapato

Always listen to the car, they're more often than not right.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

If its a 57 Ford your talking about, isn't there a hole in the fire wall below the latch that you can access from under the dash! HRD

junior58

Yes, there is - in case of cable breakage.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Marc

Lucky'57

That's funny. Did the little voice in your head say "Sh#t" as soon as you heard it latch? LOL Always listen to the little voice in your head. :)
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Marc

Yup. the very second it latched, I remembered the cable was removed. 

petew

I once watched a friend slam his hood shut after installing a new carb and air cleaner and the nicest bump appeared as if by magic . It was caused by the air cleaner stud that was too long.

jumping jack flash

Yep, those living , breathing cars. Mine keep saying " Please , someone save me"

Ford Blue blood

Had one of those moments a couple of years ago.  Putting the first coats of primer on a 65 Bird for final blocking, had the entire car covered (minus hood and roof) with two very nice coats, cleaned the gun, opened a beer and watched paint dry.....or so I thought.  Couldn't figure why the sheen didn't "dull", until I started to put away the materials.  I had pulled two cans of reducer out of the paint locker instead of a can of activator and a can of reducer.

So two weeks later, a five gallon of lacquer thinner and two boxes of rubber gloves I was back to the original starting point.....lesson learned....read the can, just because they look alike is no excuse!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Ha...was that a subtle wakeup call for someone who will be doing that  later this week?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

In order to get into that access hole, you have to remove a part of the heater ductwork.  Then you have to learn how to stabilize yourself on the back of your head with your feet over the seat backrest and fiddle with a screw driver through that hole.  All of these gyrations are done while you are upside down.
    I had a nice long piece of cable with a T handle that I was going to give to Jeff.  About three  weeks ago I decided to install it as a back up on my 57 just in case the original cable broke. 
    Sorry Jeff.    Now you can call me an Indian giver.  HAHA