News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Any interest in a get-together for 2017?

Started by RICH MUISE, 2016-12-08 12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

A while back I was half-heartedly talking with Gary/Canadian Ranchero about meeting somewhere in between our places...he's in Canada, I'm in Texas....I thought it would be cool for us to check each other's cars out...r &P vs Borgenson, exhaust sounds magnaflow vs flowmasters, etc etc.
Anyway, that got me to thinking about maybe trying to organize a good size get together...maybe corresponding with the spring NSRA show in Pueblo. Lots of really cool shows in Colorado, but some, like the Thin Air Nats, are very limited in their space. I've met 4 or 5 '57 owners in Colorado in the past thru the forum, some, like Hogwagon and 57dohc,  have their projects on hold. Les, also in Colorado Springs, is here but not too active. Rich Koberski(sp?) from Denver is active. We have at least three members from Kansas, a few in NM and a few in N Tx (way N Texas, not Dallas, lol)
So, what do you guys think?.... any interest in planning a Colorado get together? If so, I'll investigate shows coming up. There's the riverwalk show in Pueblo, the Canyon City sAbbey show, the early iron show in Alamosa, late fall Goodguys North of Denver, etc etc.

Also, interest or suggestions for a get together in Texas? I know we have or had close to 20 members, mostly from south of the Dallas area. Or other parts of the country we in my area may not be a part of, but just to keep the idea together in one place..
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

ragtop

I have often thought that  we should pick a show that every year we can go to but we are allover and some wood have a long drive I go to back to the 50s in Minnesota every other year and street rod nationals in Louisville 2 nice shows with plenty of room but you may not want to all show up at a event 57 fords will get a bad rep. like Chevy's  most shows have a dozen or more to 1 ford I have a guy in Wisconsin building Chevy's soon there will be more now than in 57

terry_208

I'm interested but with my car in pieces, would have a hard time bringing mine.  Like many, getting my 57 back onto the road may take years.  It hasn't been driven since 66.
Terry

canadian_ranchero

with the dollar the way it is[almost 1.30 to get 1 US dollar]maybe do something in canada?

57imposter

We would probably be interested in a road trip. i would just like to see a location that is as close as possible to a centralized location to kind of equalize out the driving distance for as many as possible.

RICH MUISE

Back to somebody mentioning a while back that it would be nice if everybody put a location under their avatar........... Where are you located?
Yep, road trip would be good now that I can finally do them!! Aside from the roadtrip and the '57 interest, I've really enjoyed meeting the forumn members that I've been able too so far. I think , for me, it would be especially great to meet the guys that have helped me so much over the years. There have been lots of helpful guys here, but in particular for me, Bill/Ford blueblood, Gary/Canadian Ranchero, and Gary/Gasman826, have all been my go-to guys since day 1 for me. James, Zap and Lynn also. Now with that group we cover Washington state, Canada(I forget the province), Michigan, Alabama, Miss., Louisianna,and me in Texas....lol probably ain't gonna happen on one get-together.

lalessi1

"Also, interest or suggestions for a get together in Texas? I know we have or had close to 20 members, mostly from south of the Dallas area. Or other parts of the country we in my area may not be a part of, but just to keep the idea together in one place.."

Dallas for me is an 8 hour trip, Denver is more like 24. I would love a get together...my longest road trip so far has been 90 miles round trip.... Can't commit as of now. I am sure there are many in the same boat.
Lynn

57redwhitered

I can't make any commitments yet as I am waiting for a pathologist report on a biopsy earlier this week.  I don't know what my summer will be like.
1957 Skyliner

Wirenut

I'm good with a texas get together. Even if I can't drive it I'll haul it. Great idea Rich.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2016-12-09 19:34
I can't make any commitments yet as I am waiting for a pathologist report on a biopsy earlier this week.  I don't know what my summer will be like.
That's not good to hear. Good luck with that. Is this you or the MRS.? whoever, hoping for the best for ya.

57redwhitered

This time it is me.  My wife is a bone cancer survivor from 2008. 
1957 Skyliner

Ray

If we can organize a group from CA, I'm probably in. Done a number of these events in the old days.

Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

SkylinerRon

There is going to be a 57 Ford  E & F code reunion at Carlisle Fords this spring.

This will be a once in a lifetime show as Carlisle goes all out for these things.

As a club they will give us an area and recognition and other stuff.

In 2011 they did a 61 Starliner deal and about 25 killer cars showed up, It was fantastic!!!!!!

So what do you guys think?

Ron.

DanTudor57

My current range might be limited to Ca, possibly out to Vegas...

wildhog

As Skyliner Ron states the 57 Gathering in Carlisle Pa. is a once in a lifetime event. Some of the rarest 57 Fords in the world will be there. And a lot of 57 members will attend.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)