News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Texas Storms

Started by Contibob, 2017-08-27 19:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Contibob

I am hoping all of you in the storm area in Texas are OK. Let us all know as soon as you are able.

Wirenut

We faired pretty good here south east of San Antonio. We've had10" of rain and 50-70 mph winds. I spoke to jumping jack flash and he was at his daughters a few miles from here and did about the same but did lose power. He feels his trailer at the coast is ruined but hasn't been able to get there to clean up or check on it. I was in Cuero and Victoria  hooking up generators today and  Victoria is bad, not sure anyone on the forum lives there. If we have a member in Houston he could use a boat about now, maybe one with fins. Thank for your concern.

Limey57

Just seen on the news that one of the reservoirs has now started to over-flow, nature can sure be cruel and unpredictable at times..........  Hope everyone's okay.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

ditto. Up here in Amarillo (600 miles north of Houston), we've had 8 inches over normal this year for a total of 21 inches. That's all year, and about 9 inches less than some areas around Houston got this weekend!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Hey James, Lynn...you guys stay dry after Harvey headed east?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

We had about 2.5" rain at my house, not much wind... all in all we were lucky. Thanks for thinking about us. My wife works for the Red Cross and there are a lot of evacuees coming to Louisiana for shelter, so she will be very busy for the next few weeks.
Lynn

Ecode70D

Wirenut and Rich
    I'm happy that you guys kinda dodged the bullet.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who are not doing so well.  I have no idea what they are going to do with all of those homeless people and pets.