News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bucket seats

Started by Raven Rider, 2015-01-13 14:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

I'm tossing around the idea of going to bucket seats.  I don't want a modern bucket seat so looking around here it looks like 62 - 66 Galaxie or T-Bird seats are there any other seats I should look for?  I'm finding it a little hard to find an old set of buckets.  A question for those who have swapped to bucket seats are you happy with the new seats? 

Ford Blue blood

I have 61, 2, 3 Bird seats for my Ranchero.  The fundamental seat Ford used was the same for all the full sized from 61 -66.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

I'm happy with '63 Thunderbird seats.  Seat covers and pre shaped foam pieces are available...expensive but cheaper than custom.  Re-pop seats parts are few.  The '61-63 Thunderbird seat frames were used in other models like '62-64 Galaxies.  The '64-66 Thunderbird buckets are more readily available and therefore cheaper.  These seats are bigger, heavier, and more plush.  Covers and form pads are available as well as some of the seat parts.  Power seats and a passenger recliner seat are not unusual.  These seats are really nice but I preferred the lighter, simpler '63 seats.  Red interior is '64 Thunderbird.  Black buckets are '63 Thunderbird.

Raven Rider

Thanks for the information I will look around and see if I can locate a set of buckets.