News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Radiator for my ranchero

Started by Blake, 2019-05-25 19:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

I need a radiator for my 1957 ranchero.  Any condition. I know how to solder.  Any leads would be appreciated.m

wv 57s forever

Have a good one from a custom, don't know if they are the same. where are you, will ship.

RICH MUISE

Always nice to see a first post! Welcome to the forum, Blake.
Many of us have bought new alum. radiators from Auto City Classsic. I have had no issues with mine, and my 4.6 runs almost too cool.They can be painted black and will look close to oem except for the welded tanks if you want to stay oem looking.
A little radiator info for the newbie: The differences in '57 radiators are determined by whether it's a 6 or 8 cylinder, not the model it's going in to. The core supports on all models are the same, regardless of 6 or 8, it's the flanges welded to the radiator sides that locate the radiator forward or back. The 6 cyl. radiator ends up a few inches forward from where the 8's would end up. Also,inlet/outlets are on different sides.
JFYI, if your looking at pics on the auto city website, the pic for one of them is wrong. The outlets are not shown in the correct position in the pic........not sure if they ever corrected that. 8 cyl: top right, bottom left.........6 cyl top left, I think bottom right
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: Blake on 2019-05-25 19:47
I need a radiator for my 1957 ranchero.
It might help your search if people knew your location, may be someone here that's somewhere near you.
And please post some pix of your Ranchero.

thumper

Hi Blake, if you are still looking for a radiator, i have one in good condition, i put an aluminum one in my 57.
Wayne
Wayne Williams
1957 ford Fairlane 500
2013 Ford F150 XLT
2018 Ford Fusion EcoBoost (Wifes car)

RICH MUISE

Blake hasn't been back to the forum since June.   ??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: thumper on 2019-09-14 15:48
Hi Blake, if you are still looking for a radiator, i have one in good condition, i put an aluminum one in my 57.
Wayne

Hey thumper...I am going to need one for my car. Putting an FE in it, 390 w/tri-power. Will yours be enough to cool that bugger, or do I need to look around or buy new?
Thanks.  Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

thumper

Hey Mustang, i just saw your post, i still have the radiator, but do not know if it will cool the 390.
Wayne Williams
1957 ford Fairlane 500
2013 Ford F150 XLT
2018 Ford Fusion EcoBoost (Wifes car)

mustang6984

Quote from: thumper on 2019-10-03 08:09
Hey Mustang, i just saw your post, i still have the radiator, but do not know if it will cool the 390.

Was it from a 57 with a "Y" block? If so that might be too small. I have someone I can ask who would know. Let me check and I will get back to you. Thanks. (love the paint on your new acquisition...sweet car!)
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

wv 57s forever

you can get one on ebay for 125, just got one don't look like auto city but they are out of stock till nov I think they said. Had to get another last one from auto city bit the dust when water pump exploded.

:burnout:

SkylinerRon

No problem 58 FE radiators are the same as 57 Y-block.

Ron.

mustang6984

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2019-10-24 21:08
No problem 58 FE radiators are the same as 57 Y-block.

Ron.

Really? I always thought of a Y block as a small block. Of course I don't have one of those anymore either. Seems like a lot of my stash of parts went missing over the last 40 years of waiting to have time to work on my Courier. Moving a few times probably didn't help any either.
Thanks for the info.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker