News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door Parts needed desperately--- New pics

Started by kens65fb, 2015-10-16 14:42

Previous topic - Next topic

kens65fb

Rich, if you are right about them already spot welded in, that would be embarrassing for me !!!

RICH MUISE

Don't be embarresed if they are...they're not that easy to see. For your body shop's sake, I'm hoping they are attached...otherwise trying to figure out exactly where and how to mount them is going to be a pain in the butt.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jvo

Jer put it in the mail today in Sweetgrass, MT.  They said you should have it Thursday.  Good luck with it. It was only a little over 6 dollars.  Far cry from mailing it from here for both cost and time of delivery.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

kens65fb

I received the brackets today, Thank you !!

This A.M. I took them to the body shop, and mentioned that you guys here on the forum said the brackets are most likely welded into the door assembly.
He seemed surprised, but when he looked into the driver door, NO BRACKET was there, however a bracket WAS spot welded inside the passenger door.
He was confident that he could attach the bracket to the driver side, after taking careful measurement of the other side.
Now that I think of it, when I bought the Ranchero, it came with an 2 extra doors, as the previous owner was going to replace both doors, as they were fairly rusty.
I'll let you know what happened as I am going back to the shop on Wednesday.

Again thanks so much for the brackets & the quick & knowledgable responses.
I would like to make a donation to the site, but I could not figure out how to do it.

RICH MUISE

Just curious...the one I sent never got there? Was suppose to be this past Tuesday.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

kens65fb

Yes, I received it, thank you very much.
I finally found out how to donate to the forum, and have sent a PayPal donation this evening.