News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ball Joints- Upper and Lower- Where should I buy them?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2015-07-27 17:29

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I spoke with the folks at Rare Parts yesterday and asked a few questions about their lower ball joints. Specifically about where the are manufactured. The parts are NOT made in the U.S.A.. They are ASSEMBLED and inspected in the U.S.A.. Thought y'all would want to know.
John

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Hoosier Hurricane on 2015-07-28 05:55
A couple weeks ago I bought a Moog lower ball joint for a '65-'74 Ford, did some grinding on the flange of the ball joint so it would fit the lower '57 A arm, slotted the two mounting bolt holes to match the holes in the A arm and bolted it in.  The tapered stud fits just fine.   John

Hoosier Hurricane........do you have a part number for what you bought? Or maybe  you could revisit the application you listed above? I gave the application info, to the  parts store I use and what came in was a press in ball joint.  Moog K8197
Thanks
John

Hoosier Hurricane

John:

It is a Moog 8059.  $65.99 at O'reilly. 

John

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Hoosier Hurricane on 2015-08-06 06:13
John:

It is a Moog 8059.  $65.99 at O'reilly. 

John

Thank you John............I'll continue the hunt!!

cliff

have 2 new upers,25 us each plus frt. cliff ct1940@shaw.ca.i live i surrey canada ,but could ship out of blain wa(live near the border

clusterbuster

The Moog 8059 ball joint is listed on EBay for $37.55 plus free shipping.

clusterbuster

Found some more Moog 8059's on EBay, the lowest price is $24.99 with free shipping.