WTB License Plate Light Lens for a 58 Ranchero, Wagon or S.Delivery FOUND THEM

Started by KYBlueOval, 2020-11-21 14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I've decided to use the '58 Ranchero, Wagon / Sedan Delivery rear bumper guards, on the '57 Ranchero I'm building.
These guards have a triangular shaped light and lens and  I would like to find a nice used pair of the plastic lens, or, if I'm really lucky, a NOS pair.
The lens has    FL-58A   On it in raised letters. If I have to buy the bumper guards to get the lens, I will

Thanks
John       50 TWO  7 Seven 3  Zero 5 Nine two   Call or Text

terry_208

If those are flat and as a last resort, couldn't they be cut from lexan?
Terry

KYBlueOval

Terry, Yes that is Plan "B". Simple to do, but one never knows what obscure parts are out there unless you ask.
Thanks
John

KULTULZ

If it will help -

1958 FORD SW Rear Tag Lamp Lens - B8A 13564-A

1958 FORD SW Rear Tag Lamp Assy - B8A 13550-B
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

djfordmanjack

John, if you need to make lenses from lexan. sandblasting the inside works like a charme and you'll get a nicely fogged effect with smooth outer surface ( make sure to tape off before blasting). I did a similar thing on these custom made 53 Lincoln taillight lens (only experimental for now).

KYBlueOval

Quote from: KULTULZ on 2020-11-22 08:48
If it will help -

1958 FORD SW Rear Tag Lamp Lens - B8A 13564-A

1958 FORD SW Rear Tag Lamp Assy - B8A 13550-B

YES! It will help a lot. Many Thanks for your reply.
John

KYBlueOval

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-11-22 11:15
John, if you need to make lenses from lexan. sandblasting the inside works like a charme and you'll get a nicely fogged effect with smooth outer surface ( make sure to tape off before blasting). I did a similar thing on these custom made 53 Lincoln taillight lens (only experimental for now).

Guenter, if I have to make my own, I'll do just you suggested and sand blast the inside to get the right look. Great idea. Thank You!
John

Rick Schuler