News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Brake light issue

Started by jwag, 2009-01-16 13:16

Previous topic - Next topic

jwag

My brake lights stopped working the other day. I have verified that the switch on the master cylinder is OK and I am getting power from the brake switch to the turn signal switch on the column. It appears to me that this is where the propblem lies. Both turn signals are fine. From the wiring diagram, it seems like the turn signal switch is where the brake lights and turn signals come together and head down the same wire to the bulb. Am I correct in my assumtion that this is  where the problem lies or is there something else I should look at?

shopratwoody

Check the source from the headlight sw.I had the wires on it wrong so I blew the fuse on the sw
that's supposed to be for the dome light. My blinkers still worked with the stoplights not working.
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

smurfee

I had this problem & it turned out to be a bad ground between my tail light housing & the car - I put a small screw between them after the housing was in place & problem was solved, SMURFEE  :icon_bigsmurf: :unitedstates:
NEVER LOOK BACK