News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Burgundy and White?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2009-01-21 06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

I am almost ready for paint and need to decide on a color soon. I want my 57 Custom 70A to have an early 60s hot rod look. She'll have a 6V FE with a 3 speed O/D.  Most days I'm thinking black, but yesterday my painter showed me a beautiful dark burgundy color that he is painting on a 30s Ford. My car is an original two-tone car with the chrome pieces separating the color line.  I am thinking about painting the front burgundy and the roof and rear white.  Any input?  Any pictures? Thanks!

wolfpupsdad

i've seen tri year c____y's painted in those colors and it's a neat look. but my feelings are what ever a person paints his/her cars is a personal thing and to hell what anybody else thinks. it's what YOU  want and NOT what the rest of the world wants.
like my wife always says about her bike(motorcycle)," if ya don't like my bike then stop looking at it".

Lou

Just a thought, how about the reverse? The dark burgundy on the top and rear, with the rest of the car white and just a light touch of burgundy pin stripe on the fender fronts as accents.

shopratwoody

IMO Burgandy and white look grreat. I prefer the white to be like the orig white, not too bright.
My Dad had a mild custom one in 59-61 that was Titian Red and the orig white. Looked good.
But I do agree, paint it like you want it!
Ron :001:
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

This one was Burgandy and stock white in 1960 (Titian Red)

I hate blocksanding!

KidKourier

Try going to Home page and click on "Links" then to www.1957Fords.com or type in that web address,that's John Gambils site and he lists every '57 Ford model that was built along with a multitude of pictures of each model people have sent in.Last time I looked there was about 850 pics just of '57 Tudor Customs,might find a color combo you'd like or the one your thinking of! I like the idea of Colonial White('57 Ford original color) over burgundy.KID

wildhog

Go to the gallery-members 57 fords the left columun 7 pictures down ,should give you a good idea how your car would look. It sure looks good to me.also would look good burgendy and silver or gray. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ford_Crazy

Thanks for the input.  I always have this problem with a new car.  Black just seems so right for a vintage Ford.  It's a PIA but I love it..