News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Stock 7.5 x 14" White Wall tires (used) in Canada

Started by Lucky'57, 2015-01-07 06:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky'57

Hello all - Looking for a set of 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 white walls to spruce up my ride. I'm in Edmonton so I'm kind of looking for something North of the border. Willing to pay a good dollar.

Thanks - Ron
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Lucky'57

Hi Hiball - I looked at the Coker site and they are just what I want, except for the price... I thought I would see if anyone had some slightly used ones that would fit the bill. So many people are switching to the disc brakes and 15" wheels I figured there must be a good old set out there somewhere.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

hiball3985

Unfortunately they aren't cheap  :005: Hope you can find some used that aren't too old. If you buy a used set it probably won't be long before you have to replace those too. In the past year I've had to replace tires on all three of my cars just due to age and they all had 3/4 of the tread  :005: I just don't push my luck with brakes or tires.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Lucky'57

Well, you're probably right. I might as well bite the bullit and order myself a set then. 2 1/2" whitewall is the period correct width for the '57s right?

Mark

I went on a hunt for one tire to use as a spare and found out from the date code on the other 4 the tires were really old so ended up ordering 5. The tires I had still had the little whiskers on them and looked new, but it"s not worth the risk. I ordered the bias ply through Summit for about $200 each. I did not want the radials, don"t like the lower profile and want the old car to ride like a old car.

Lucky'57

SkylinerRon

57's used 2.25" www
The main problem w/old tires are the steelbelted radials will come apart
setting in the driveway!
Bias ply use nylon or rayon cords and seldom have that probl
Some tires are now warranteed for 90k miles but,
you can only use them for 6 yrs!
Thank the EPA for this junk!

Ron.

Lucky'57

Thanks for all the insight Fellas. I went with new radials from Coker, the're a little smaller than stock (1/2") but after rebuilding all of my suspension I'm sitting a little taller now anyway. The WW (2.50) is little bigger than the stock 2.25 but what the heck, .25 ain't nothing unless it's on the end of your #@%&  :005:

Gonna be looking pretty classy come summer...