News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear Floor Pan

Started by BP57CUSTOM, 2016-07-14 19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

BP57CUSTOM

Does anyone have a GOOD  rear floor pan for a Custom 300 2 door Drivers side  that you would sell? I know repops are available but are pretty expensive. I am in Georgia 30176
Thanks
Barry
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

BP57CUSTOM

I'm still looking for a good foot well (rear floor pan) for 57 custom 300 , does any one know where I could find one at a reasonable price?
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

BWhitmore

Try the Ebay seller Mostlyford.

RICH MUISE

Footwells are one of the problem areas due to leaky cowl drains and leaky windows...hard to find even a relatively rust free car with good footwells. JFYI...sedans and hardtops, 2dr or 4 dr, Custom or Fairlane...the complete floorpan is almost identical.
I got my Custom 2dr floorpan from a '58 Fairlane 4 dr. Only difference I could ever find was the 4 dr had large holes (3/4?) in the floorpan under the center door post
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Wirenut

I bought a repop and cut out what I needed to make the needed repair. In hindsight I should have handcrafted what I needed or researched metal thickness. The one I bought was stamped nice but such a thin gauge it was difficult to weld in. It was a lot thinner than the body panel sections, almost too thin to serve as flooring. I had 3 cars and none of them had salvageable rear floor pans so Rich is right. Hope you can find what you need. I would replace the least amount possible to save as much original metal as possible. I can't tell you the gauge of the flooring but it is pretty thin and repops seem to be thinner.

Ford Blue blood

Spend the money for EMS.  They are the correct gauge, fit is nearly perfect and there is plenty of room for trimming.  I know this from personal experience, used a far less expensive alternative and ended up with more work then I had with the front pans (EMS) fitting and finishing.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

ricky knight

EMS is the way to go. Very nice stuff.

BP57CUSTOM

Thanks guys I'll probably get one from EMS , but it hurts when your tight!
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor