News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

40th Annual Pate Swap Meet

Started by briney, 2012-04-18 12:42

Previous topic - Next topic

briney

Anybody doing to Pate this year?

Patrick Dallas TX   :unitedstates:

40th Annual Pate Swap Meet is the largest swap meet in the Midwestern United States.
April 26-29 2012 

Thursday - Sunday
Gates Open at 7 am

Texas Motor Speedway Fort Worth Texas USA
Texas Motor Speedway is 20 miles north of downtown
Fort Worth at the corner of Interstate 35 West and State Highway 114
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

RICH MUISE

Patrick....I'll be going. Hopefully this trip will work out better than my last minute attempt to make it to the Speedway for the Goodguys show 6 weeks or so ago....You've heard the saying "driving a car 'til the wheels fall off"?....I did it. 2 a.m. 20 miles east of Henrietta. $300. for towing and repairs and 8 hours later I was on my way home...not enough time to make it to the show.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

62galxe

I plan on being there. Hope I find some good parts.

RICH MUISE

62Galaxie, Patrick...I'll be there Thursday...posibly Friday. my cell phone is 806-341-2036 if anyone wants to meet. I'll be wearing a white t-shirt with a pencil drawing of 3 Fords on the front.
I don't know if he will have any '57 parts there, but Randy Wilson from Lawton, Ok. will have a booth there. He's the guy I talked about before that has a restoration shop, and personally owns more than 30 '57 Fords. Patrick....if you're still looking for a project car, look him up. He told me to look for a 60's Corvair on a trailer, around the northeast corner. I don't want to publish his cell phone number, but if you can't find him, call me I'll give it to you.

RICH MUISE

There was a little more '57 stuff there this year. Two Custom project cars (3500 and 8500 I think) and one up and running Custom 300 w/ 460. for 8500, which I think would need a close look at. I noticed stuff like it was advertised to be completly rewired...yet I saw alot of old wires...the 460 to me seemed like it wasn't sitting in there properly.
The outstanding '57 there was a Fairlane 4 dr. 2nd owner, 35K miles..true surviver, all original,but that looks so good it looks like  it went thru a restoration...really outstanding. No price on it, but a quote from one of the published appraisal mags referencing a 15-17,ooo value...so I'm assuming that's what they were asking. Nice brown and gold color comb.
Randy had a few '57 odds and ends in his booth including a couple sets of splash guards that were looking pretty solid.
I found a really well done front bumper exactly as I was going to have mine done with the bumper guard holes welded shut....LOL..would have paid extra for that work, but they had done it for a customer who never picked it up, so I got it $50 cheaper than the other two stock ones they had. The one I got had a nice satin finish on the backside, with no indication of previous rust.