News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

28th. Annual Fabulous Fords Forever, April 21, 2013

Started by 57tudor, 2013-02-19 19:45

Previous topic - Next topic

57tudor

Calling All Ford Fans!

The 28th. Annual Fabulous Fords Forever! West Coast's Largest All Ford Show is Presented by the Ford Motor Company and the Ford Car Club Council on Sunday, April 21, 2013 Celebrating 110 years of the Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury form 1903 to 2013. The show is held at Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, California, in the Independence Hall parking lot with room for 2,000 vehicles! You can register on-line, request a registration form by mail by logging onto www.fabulousfordsforever.org Check back often as we will be launching a new web-site with exciting new looks and features. Web address will stay the same.

This years show will have a raffle with some really cool prizes along with some very special guests. A great display of milestone cars and much more. Tickets to Knott's Berry Farm Theme Park can also be ordered at a discount price when you register for the show.

If you love your country, and you love your Ford, then you gotta come to the West Coast's Largest All Ford Show. Glad to see ya there.

Visit us on Facebook at Fabulous Fords Forever

Look me up as I will be working the merchandise tables.

Rick.
57 Tudor
:smtree2:

57AGIN

West Coast Guys:

Even if you haven't registered for the Knott's show this year, come on out and take a look at the over 2,074 Fords, Lincolns & Mercurys that have.  Our class the 49 to 59 Fords has 43 cars registered, hopefully mostly 57's.  The show is next Sunday, April 21, 2013 and the weather is supposed to be about 70 degrees.  We've arranged some neat things besides just showing off our 57's off, this year we have several of the 1960's Ford Drag Team coming out to autograph their sections in the Ford Drag Team book by Charles R. Morris.  Ed Terry (campaigned the Shelby Dragon Snake in 1964 and throughout the 60's a number of other Fords for Oakland based Ford dealers) and Butch Leal (was the driver of Mickey Thompson's light weight Ford Galaxie and several Ford Thunder Bolts in 1964, before moving to MOPAR in 1965, later in 1969 Butch came back to Ford in a 69 Boss 429 Mustang).  We will also have on display an AF/X drag car.  Another famous Ford drag racer who will be bringing his cars to the show is John Calvert, manufacturer of outstanding suspension systems for our Fords, who will be bringing both his 2013 Cobra Jet and his 1968 Cobra Jet.

The book referred to above chronicles the Ford drag racing careers of the following Ford drag racing legends:  Dick Brannan, Les Ritchey, Gas Ronda, Len Richter, Tasca Ford's Bill Lawton/ John Healey, Al "Batman" Joniec, Ed Terry/Dick Wood, Hubert Platt/Randy Payne, Phil Bonner, Tommy Grove, Mickey Thompson/Butch Leal and others.  It is a great history of Ford drag racing in the 60's and will be available for sale at the show.  By the way, if any of you remember Miss Hurst, Linda Vaughn, she'll be there to signing autographs and sharing stories along with her friends from that wonderful drag racing era.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Guys:

Here is a copy of the poster for the Ford Drag Team booth at the Knott's Show this Sunday.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Well it is two weeks late, but I'm finally getting around to posting some photos from the 2013 Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever car show.  It was a pretty large event with 2100 Fords, Lincoln's and Mercury's registered.  The next four replies will display some of the interesting things I saw at the show.  Linda Vaughn (the Miss Hurst Girl from the 1960's), some of the Ford Drag Team and Henry Ford III were at the show.  This year I didn't get around to photographing all of the 57's present, as I didn't have my camera when I discovered where they had decided to park (not with the 1949 - 1959 Fords).  I had both my cars at the show, somewhat of a logistical nightmare, but still fun. 

Anyway, the firest four photos are of Rick's and my cars.  The rest will follow with some explanations.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

This next four photos are of a very fine looking 57 Country Sedan owned by Lewis Archuleta.  He's got a 4.6 four valve modular motor in it, but unlike most, his is carbureted.  He uses a MSD ignition box to work as his ignition (I'm not sure how this works without a distributor).  His interior is very custom also, and sure looks good.  Because, the mod motor installations have been a large topic of posts, I'll also post these photos under that thread as well.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

This next series of photos are of a number of Fairlane's.  The really interesting one was parked next to me.  It is powered by a 428 FE with a very rare Edelbrock dual quad manifold.  Check it out, and no it isn't a MOPAR.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

The final four photos from Knott's this year are of Rick doing his job at the show and of the Ford Drag cars I was able to arrange to have displayed at the show.  This year's Knott's show was great, but still needs to have some of our fellow club members out West join with Rick and me.

Bob
57 AGIN

robhaerr

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2013-04-29 16:33
This next four photos are of a very fine looking 57 Country Sedan owned by Lewis Archuleta.  He's got a 4.6 four valve modular motor in it, but unlike most, his is carbureted.  He uses a MSD ignition box to work as his ignition (I'm not sure how this works without a distributor).  His interior is very custom also, and sure looks good.  Because, the mod motor installations have been a large topic of posts, I'll also post these photos under that thread as well.

Bob
57 AGIN

Welll...now I am glad I didn't have my wagon there...his is lightyears nicer than mine...especially the interior! Very similar exterior color. Mine is a 10-footer (looks good from 10 feet away).

57AGIN

robhaerr:

Nonsense, your car would be a very welcome addition to the cars shown at Knott's.  Besides, it would give you a great opportunity to bring your hard working shop buddy out to get some more ideas for Project 302.  Also, Knott's isn't like a Grand National Roadster Show, there is no judging and plenty of cars with original patina (yours certainly isn't one of them).

By the way, they had several Surf Bands playing at this years Seal Beach Show, you might think about bringing the Raveler's down to the beach next year (Check with the Seal Beach Chamber of Commerce).  You know show your car, play your music.  What could be better???

Bob
57 AGIN

robhaerr

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2013-04-29 17:33
robhaerr:

Nonsense, your car would be a very welcome addition to the cars shown at Knott's.  Besides, it would give you a great opportunity to bring your hard working shop buddy out to get some more ideas for Project 302.  Also, Knott's isn't like a Grand National Roadster Show, there is no judging and plenty of cars with original patina (yours certainly isn't one of them).

By the way, they had several Surf Bands playing at this years Seal Beach Show, you might think about bringing the Raveler's down to the beach next year (Check with the Seal Beach Chamber of Commerce).  You know show your car, play your music.  What could be better???

Bob
57 AGIN

Thanks, Bob...there will always be projects in this 'wagon, no doubt!

Oh yeah...we did the Crusin' for a Cure a couple years ago and a few others where we worked with Dave McClelland (voice of car events). Lots o' fun!

Video of Dave's messin' with us...no music here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toMuJQtD_XI

Love doing car shows!

Rob