News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Replacement for over head dome light switch.

Started by VwDrvFnd, 2014-03-13 11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

continued...How about if you used a heavy wire and made a tight, almost closed, "U" shape...one leg in the taped hole, the other outside the switch flange. or clip off some of your wife's bobby pins, or a clevis pin (I've seen them really small)
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

VwDrvFnd

What's this wife stuff, I thought my Ranchero was my wife, its costing me enough money and giveing me to much crap but man do i love her! I work something out i was thinking about making some little "L" brackets and bonding them to the switch so maybe i can screw them into the existing plastic post. I will work it out just havent had time to sit at my workbench and think it thru.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

RICH MUISE

Not sure women use them anymore anyways.

Ford Blue blood

Looks like you can pop rivet the "L" bracket to the switch.  Use a 1/8" counter sunk rivet head for more room.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

When I replaced the lens on mine I was amazed at how much engineering went into something as simple as a dome light. Do you really need that many screws to hold the lens in  :003: Mine has the spring clip set up to mount to the body. Too bad the switch is Ranchero only as far as I know.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

VwDrvFnd

So I managed to get some time this last weekend to sit down at my work bench and cobel together a "L" bracket to hold the Dome Light switch in place. Its not pretty but it works like a champ! Holds the switch securly inplace with no movement and is clear of the electrical connections.
I also got time to run new door switchs and Dome light wiring thru the head liner. It was a major pain as the previous owner taped the old wiring to the underside of the roof. I had to pull the headliner down and insulation just to run the new wiring. But it is in and all hooked up and works great. I will post some finish pics up when i get the headliner all back together.

I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

RICH MUISE

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

petew