News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

AOD speedo cable help???

Started by Amblewagon, 2009-03-30 19:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Amblewagon

Hey gang I need some info on aod speedo cable hook ups.Mine is a out of a 1990 Lincoln,it has a plug in for what looks like it would be a pulse sensor or something,do the earlier aod's have a cable style adapter that would except a cable drive to match up to my 57 wagon speedo.If someone has the ford part # or application so I can check dealers for the part I need.
Thanks in advance.
Joe

bagboy

I used an 87 aod,  but it could be as eazy as just pluging in a cable with the simular [sic] end. The gear on the shaft may be ok for cable.

Amblewagon

Thanks for the reply but my adapter that goes into the rear of the tranny only has provisons for a pigtail, where the speddo cable is suppose to go is blocked off.I think I may need a earlier style adapter that goes into the trannny,like yours to except a cable style.Do you know what the thread size for the back of a 57 speedo is??
Joe

bagboy

you may need diff. tailshaft.Spedo shop built my cable,they knew what tight

bagboy

pm me I have an 87 aod.  Tailshaft should  work with poss output gear removal. I am in oregon

57chero

The thread size on the back of the 57 speedo is 5/8-18 thread.

Amblewagon

Quote from: 57chero on 2009-04-02 11:01
The thread size on the back of the 57 speedo is 5/8-18 thread.
Thanks I think I have it figured out.
Joe