News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

AOD adjustment

Started by tarheel57, 2012-04-30 20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

tarheel57

Hello, I know some of you have used the AOD overdrive transmissions.I am using one in my 300 behind a 351w,with a stall and a 370 gear.I have the lokar TV cable and first set the pressure by their instructions,this didnt work to well.After looking online/utube I found out these settings were the factory settings and would not work with a camedup motor and stall.Lokar and factory ford settings said to have 0 pressure at idle in netural and 35 lbs pressure using the tool that came with the lokar cable.From what I have read online everyone says to have 3 to 5 lbs pressure at idle in netural and 40 lbs and up when the cable is pulled with the adjustment tool in it.It also said having more pressure above the 35 to 40 would not hurt the trans.,unless it was real,real high then it could possible cause a leak,but having the pressure under 30 lbs could cause it to slip or burn the lower bands out. What have you guys had to do to get this set right that have the AOD in your cars.Any tips or help would be great. Thanks Tarheel57 :unitedstates:

62galxe