News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: radiator
Last post by geraldchainsaw - Today at 17:32
I found a place todo it,   but heck,  for $600 I'll live mwith it
Project Builds / Re: Flamin Mo 57
Last post by campy38 - Today at 13:30
Quote from: mustang6984 on Today at 07:47WHEW!!! And are you buying new underwear as well? Just how how quickly were you making fence posts go by?   :burnout:

Uhhhh yeah had me puckered up pretty good😂😂😂 and honestly I have no idea how fast. Speedo still is not operational at this time. Need to order new cable.

We were lucky it was on an uphill and I had already gotten out of it a while back before coming to that T. It's a good backroad to test on but I forgot that it had construction so it was a T instead of a 4 way. Still I'm guessing when my foot hit the floor trying the brakes we were going about 45ish..
Last post by campy38 - Today at 13:26
Quote from: Fairlane62 on Yesterday at 23:05Does it still have the single circuit master cylinder?
yes I believe so... Which the kit I will be buying comes with everything and booster as well. I will see if booster will fit without a ton of modification but if not I will just go manual and keep it for later. At first my dad and I were just going to order new MC and go through old brakes... But I'm learning and just decided might as well do what I really want and get the whole conversion kit/ replace everything so I don't have to come back and mess with it again.
I have an update on my master cylinder. First, I stated an incorrect number for the bore. It should have been 1". Second, my made in China master has failed and I can't get any pressure in the rear system. In addition, while bleeding the rear system, the fluid level goes down in the front resevoir too! Now that shouldn't happen.
For Sale / Re: '57 Misc. Parts
Last post by Esbit - Today at 08:19
I'm interested in the dash delete and if you have any rear bumperets or bumper for wagon
Last post by mustang6984 - Today at 07:47
WHEW!!! And are you buying new underwear as well? Just how how quickly were you making fence posts go by?   :burnout:
Last post by Fairlane62 - Yesterday at 23:05
Does it still have the single circuit master cylinder?
General Discussion / Re: radiator
Last post by Fairlane62 - Yesterday at 22:57
You mentioned in the original post that the radiator had collapsed.  Were you able to get that fixed?
General Discussion / Re: First official cruise in f...
Last post by 57chero - Yesterday at 20:30
Forgot to show the dash plaque they were giving away at the cruise in, kind of funny they would put a 57 on it since there was only one 57 out of all the cars there.
Last post by campy38 - Yesterday at 19:45
So next fun story😂 been doing short drives here and there just trying to get everything lined out. Was planning on cutting hood and fixing my windows so they would roll up and down.... But that will be postponed. My dad, brother and I took it out and decided to have some real fun and see what the motor would do. I hadn't done this till now cause I wanted to make sure it was broke in and everything was straight with the ole 460. It will absolutely roast tires😂😂 which was super fun!!

Buuuut after that for reasons unknown I lost brakes and my foot went to the floor... luckily I was on a backroad and going uphill but I was heading towards a T and had to turn. My dad talked me through it and after pumping brakes and downshifting i regained some pressure and was able to make the turn and limp it home. Scary ordeal as I've never lost brakes in a car before but happy everything turned out okay. So bumping up on the list I'm ordering a brake conversions kit for the front and replacing all brake lines. Going to go through and rebuild rear drums too! So for now she's parked AGAIN. Gotta love these old cars😂