News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Custom 300

Started by Frankenstein57, 2012-11-29 20:56

Previous topic - Next topic

suede57ford

If the ram hoses got swtched around the wheel will turn one dirrection by itself.   Very common error when replacing steering hoses as the new ones don't seem to line up at all, so often they get screwed in to what seems to fit the best. Often reversin will solve the problem.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Hot Rod Custom

Absolutely gorgeous 300! This is my favorite body style (and, of course, the Custom Tudor) and I think when they're two-toned, are some of the most attractive cars Ford ever built. I've gotta say, the two tone blue like this one is stunning!

This thread is fairly old; is the car now finished? Can we see the finished photos?

Tom

Jeff Norwell

Mark,That car is so awesome!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Frankenstein57

Thanks, I'll pass along the comments to Frank, he called me tonight to go to the cruise night  at Quaker Steak & lube, but I worked late and had a list of problems to deal with when I got home. Tom, the car is almost done, I've been adding to the thread as it progresses, rather than start new ones. He has a nice set of blue wheels with radials mounted up, and some dog dish hub caps, so it should look similar to the two tone green one posted up recently, with the sweet sounding y block. I need to get over and give him a hand with the finish, its been a long cold ,wet spring around here, so now that its warm we have a million things to do. Should have some photos towards the end of the month, thanks for the tips on the steering, it actually turns free to the left, not right.   Mark

Frankenstein57

Went over to help him last Sunday and Monday, we got the interior trim finished, installed the carpet and seats. The steering issue was the control valve, something wasn't right, so after he messed with it it leaked badly. I gave him one to use from my brothers old ranchero, works like a champ, hasn't been used since the early 80s. Now he said the trans shifts hard., I had to drive up North last night so he's on his own for a few days. The frustrating part of this deal is the screws, nuts, bolts and stuff are all over the place.  Frank is 75, and the disassembly was old school, everything in a pail or can, if anyone is starting a build.     Bag and tag! Check out how clean the floor pan is, original paint

Ecode70D

Mark
    That's a nice looking car.  It's amazing how the floor survived all these years and still looks so nice.

Frankenstein57

An update on this build,  Frank has had the car on the road for a month or so,  he had a few bugs to work on with turn signals, brakes, and miscellaneous stuff, but here are current photos of the car.  I'll do a related post as there were two Troy Trepaneir built cars at this local Monday night cruise

Zapato

Mark,

Been gong nuts trying to figure out the barely visible tail light in the second picture. Do you remember what that car was? Bugging me mostly because I know as soon as you respond it'll be one of those ''knew that'' moments.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

djfordmanjack

That Custom 300 looks just awesome in its two tone Dresden Blue!
Can we have a guess at the car that Zap mentioned ?
I'd say it is a 56 or 57 Chrysler fin. is it also a 300 Model then ? :002:
most probably the Trepanier Custom from the other topic.

Frankenstein57

That would be correct, the owner is a local guy so it shows up alot around here. The second one was a 62 Cheby, they trailered it up from Illinois, a couple of big $$$$$cars

Zapato

''knew that''

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

6cyl57

great story and car. I just went through this thread twice. Maybe just me but the car looks white and blue in first painted
pictures. Now it is blue /blue. The first pictures is what my car was originally painted like. It still has some of the blue on  the bottom
side.

either way ,that is one sharp car.