News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

SHORT ON WORKING AREAS?...A CHEAP PROBLEM SOLVER

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-03-10 21:51

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I wanted to share something with you guys that worked out perfect for me last year. I am doing my total body off resto in a one car garage believe it or not. I had been doing my sandblasting ouside,and priming of larger parts like fenders and doors also outside,  but when I got to the point I was putting finish paint on some pieces, like my inner wheel wells and splash pan, I knew outside would be a problem. I was trying to figure out how to set up a temporary shed that I could put up and take down when needed,like a tent. It finally dawned on me why not a tent. I bought a 12x22 cabin tent for 129. on sale at gander mountain. It had 7ft ceiling in the center and large doors. I couldn't believe how well it worked for painting, vented ceiling, ect. The Texas sun made the nylon brittle in about 4 months, and the wind tore it apart after that, but It worked so well I'd definetly do it again, maybe this time covering it with black plastic sheeting when not being used. I bought a small pup tent for sandblasting and that also worked excellent. the enclosed space alows you to recoup the media, sift it and use it again. I paid 20. for the pup tent at walmarts last year. This one I keep my sandblasting equiptment in it and cover the whole thing with black plastic. It even survived the snows we had this year. The larger tent would also work well in an area that is to big and dirty to clean, like a barn.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

I really like this idea, cheap way to contain overspray without too much hassle setting up. :us-washington: :wav:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72