News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hot Rod Power Tour / 4.6 conversion

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-06-15 08:04

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

James...I'll break this post off from yours since it's heading in another direction. Regarding your Dad's car, I realize it's not a 57 but alot of the issues he dealt with will pertain to our cars as well, in particular mine because of the mustang interior components. You had mentioned all of the Mustang controls on his Falcon were functional so I'm assuming that included those on the steering wheel. I'm curious what he did for the windshield wiper motor, and wiring for the associated multi-function switch.
Did he use and alter the stock mustang harness or use an aftermarket harness with special harnesses made for everything coming off the steering column? Is he using the Mustang ignition switch?, Etc.
Thanks, Rich
P.S. How's the gulf oil problem down in your neighborhood?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

He used the Mustang harness, just eliminated what he didnt need.  He didnt add cruise control, though the wiring is still inside the fender panel should he choose to add it.  Just connect it and add the fuse for it.  As far as all the controls in the dash, they just plugged in like they did in the Mustang.  The wiper motor and controls all came from a late Mustang, with the arm, transmissions and rods staying from the Falcon.  It has the intermittent function as well, also from the 2002 Mustang.  All the wiring and controls came from an assortment of 1999-2004 Mustangs, bought when and as needed.  Pretty much the entire underdash and body harness came from a 2002 or 2003 GT, while the computer and engine harness came from the 2004 Mach 1.  Its a 32 valve, all aluminum 4 cammer, so the injector and sensor harness will be different from GT stuff.  The ignition switch. column, airbags all, is from the Mustang.  Dad doesnt believe in spending 800 for a harness he can buy for 25 from the boneyard and modify to work.  Hence the fact that dad has a totally cool car with maybe $10000 in, thats easily worth 2 or 3 times that.

The oil is starting to come onto the beaches and is a big friggin mess.  Literally.  It looks like feces in the water, blobs of medium brown oil that sticks to everything it touches like glue.  This is going to be a mess for a long time.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2010-06-15 11:02
He used the Mustang harness, just eliminated what he didnt need.  He didnt add cruise control, though the wiring is still inside the fender panel should he choose to add it.  Just connect it and add the fuse for it.  As far as all the controls in the dash, they just plugged in like they did in the Mustang.  The wiper motor and controls all came from a late Mustang, with the arm, transmissions and rods staying from the Falcon.  It has the intermittent function as well, also from the 2002 Mustang.  All the wiring and controls came from an assortment of 1999-2004 Mustangs, bought when and as needed.  Pretty much the entire underdash and body harness came from a 2002 or 2003 GT, while the computer and engine harness came from the 2004 Mach 1.  Its a 32 valve, all aluminum 4 cammer, so the injector and sensor harness will be different from GT stuff.  The ignition switch. column, airbags all, is from the Mustang.  Dad doesnt believe in spending 800 for a harness he can buy for 25 from the boneyard and modify to work.  Hence the fact that dad has a totally cool car with maybe $10000 in, thats easily worth 2 or 3 times that.that is my plan also.using the mark viii wiring

The oil is starting to come onto the beaches and is a big friggin mess.  Literally.  It looks like feces in the water, blobs of medium brown oil that sticks to everything it touches like glue.  This is going to be a mess for a long time.