News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Source for 1957 Ford glass

Started by JPotter57, 2011-10-16 13:58

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

At Cruisin the Coast last week, I went to the swap meet.  There was an outfit there called Auto Classic glass, out of Wisconsin or Minnesota one.  They had Custom/Custom 300 windshields for $289, rear glass for 269 or 289.  I plan to get a new windshield from them next year at crusin the coast to save on shipping.. They do ship...I will post their web address in a little while, I got a card from them, may scan it and post it....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wildhog

James, I did my Ranchero with a tinted Green winhshield and smoked gray side windows and rear window, from auto classics, they do a lot of swap meets up by me, and are good people to work with. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

Good info....The rear backlite is coming up on my priority list real quick...maybe this month if I don't order my wiring harness first. 289 is about 100 cheaper than the ebay guy, so I'm anxious to get their ordering info.I'll need one in smoke tint.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

James..We have an "Auto City Classic Glass" on our list of vendor websites. They are out of Asanti, Mn. Could this be the same as you're talking about. As per their website, I sent them a request for price and availability for the rear curved glass.

JPotter57

I think that may be them...I'll go through my stuff and try to find the business card, I think its in my Carpenter catalog, When I find it I will post it...
Old, loud, and fast.

Lou

Before you buy any replacement glass check out the thickness as I ran accross some aftermarket (off shore) glass that was thinner than the original.

RICH MUISE

"I think its in my Carpenter catalog"...did you happen to pick up one of their 2012 big calenders(24x36 or so) with the gorgeous '57 custom 300? I'll try to post a pic of it later.

JPotter57

Oh yeah...I picked it up at Cruisin the Coast...awesome 300.
Old, loud, and fast.

F570RD

JPotter57

Awesome!  Thanks Steve!
Old, loud, and fast.