News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I prefer the sharp lines...

Started by robhaerr, 2013-10-07 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

This custom-job rounded the sharp lines away...mucho work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gfe1d-FYiM

...other cool cars in the background.

I like to search the YouTubes to see what is out there...so I thought I would share. Tell me if I should stop.

Rob

Boss/Cyclone

That thing sounds like a weed wacker!  I can see they put alot of work into it, but I am not a fan.   :booty:
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto

Jeff Norwell

Yea. sounds like a very loud Holley red fuel pump.... on steroids.
I think the car is a beauty from a styling stand point....EXCEPT......the It would of looked Killer if it had front and rear bumpers.... but that is just me.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Jmho....I like 95% of it. Customizing a '57 Ford I think is choosing a very difficult car to do it to. The mods they did on this car look like they were all very profesionally done from both a design and a workmanship standpoint. Everything they did to this car works because they did it to a Fairlane 2 dr hardtop. It just wouldn't have looked right on a Custom. One of the very few restylings on a front end that worked.
The things I didn't like..the way the rolled pan in the back was added made the pan too small and  the positioning of the cutouts on the back roll pan. It makes the sheetmetal look too flimsy. The other thing I didn't care for was the upholstery choice. Just doesn't seem to blend with the body style. This may be the first reshaping of fins that I liked.
Overall..many kudos for pulling off a dificult project well.
Edit after a second look...I do like the upholstery, but I changed my mind on the fins.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Not my cup of tea, to much like a wanna be BatMobile  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

I like it all even if the fins end up looking like they came off an Imperial. Hard to modify a 57 grille and come up with a clean look this works well. Is the roof chopped ? Hard to tell if it is its really very subtle. Can't believe it really sounds like that.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Lou

That looks like the 57 Ford the Alexander Bros. built in 1959 or 1960. Any one have one of the old rod magazines with the pictures of the Bros. 57 in it?

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2013-10-07 09:02
Yea. sounds like a very loud Holley red fuel pump.... on steroids.
I think the car is a beauty from a styling stand point....EXCEPT......the It would of looked Killer if it had front and rear bumpers.... but that is just me.

Jeff..   Remember that 58 front bumper I showed you?  The spare one  that came with the ranch wagon.  I'll donate to him If he wants to pick it up.   I agree, It needs bumpers

Zapato

that car is way too clean to hang one of those big hi-way girder looking things they call a 58 bumper.

Zapato

Zapato

Quote from: Lou on 2013-10-07 20:09
That looks like the 57 Ford the Alexander Bros. built in 1959 or 1960. Any one have one of the old rod magazines with the pictures of the Bros. 57 in it?

Searched but can't find the Alexanders doing a 57, they did do 58. The Perfidia. But who knows maybe they did if so am sure it would have been a real clean design.

Zapato

Ecode70D

Quote from: Zapato on 2013-10-07 22:39
that car is way too clean to hang one of those big hi-way girder looking things they call a 58 bumper.

OOPS!!!  I spoke too soon.  With my first quick glance at that car I thought I saw the front to back roof lines that the 58s have.  Second glance shows that it is just the reflection.   I'll just have to keep my "HI-WAY GIRDER LOOKING THING".

BAMA_57

'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer