News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Another 57 for sale in Kansas

Started by 57redwhitered, 2014-03-03 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

57redwhitered

1957 Skyliner

rmk57

Am I seeing things or did someone install a sunroof in that thing.
That's a good way to get the price lowered by a couple grand.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

electricalan

I thought the same thing,but its the peak of a roof in background
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Ecode70D

Quote from: electricalan on 2014-03-03 20:37
I thought the same thing,but its the peak of a roof in background

electricalan...   Thanks for pointing that out because  I thought it was a sunroof also and I was about to throw up. 

rmk57

Whew!  Your right.

Don't know how many cars of all types I've seen ruined by that trendy 70's mod.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Don't understand why you would want one, had one car ( MK VIII ) with a sun roof, never got opened up in the three years I owned the car......the top has been down on the wife's Bird more then I can count.  Want fresh air....go topless!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

electricalan

I agree the classics with sunroofs are awful.Going topless is a good option if you have it.I do have a 67 Galaxie Convert.

gasman826

Mine had one of those fits all van type sun roofs (that doesn't fit anything) in it.  The roof was so distorted and buckled that I skinned the roof.

modifieddriver

That re-skin deal doesn't look like a fun job.

Anybody that cuts a hole in their roof needs their ass kicked.

AND, anybody that cuts a hole through a virgin door panel for a speaker needs a double asskickin'.

What kind of a brain does this?  After they're done they probably admire their work.  Then a month later they probably reflect back upon the damage they've done that can't easily be undone.
If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"

electricalan

Good save gasman.Its good to know it can be done. Hope I never have to.

Ecode70D

Quote from: gasman826 on 2014-03-05 09:22
Mine had one of those fits all van type sun roofs (that doesn't fit anything) in it.  The roof was so distorted and buckled that I skinned the roof.

Gary
      Just think......Some dang idiot thought that he was making a big improvement on his car when he cut that top in order to install that big idiotic piece of junk.  He most likely never gave any thought about how much work he was making for someone later on.
      Back in the day we used to call those things a sky leak.   
      IMOP..... You are doing a great job on that car.  After all of that work you're putting into it, you must be looking forward to the day when you will  be taking it down the road.  Jay