News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Carpet

Started by Contibob, 2015-12-18 00:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Contibob

Just checking to see where anyone has purchased a carpet set/kit for their car that they were happy with. I see Macs, Concours has sets listed. Also 1A Auto on ebay shows specific carpet kit for most models of 57 fords. All state that they are 80/20 loop style carpet. Thanks in advance, Bob

Contibob

Also was oem cut and sewn or moulded? I am looking to replace the carpet in my Sunliner.

RICH MUISE

Can't answer any of your oem questions other than Automotive Interiors in Mass. says if the vehicle was made prior to 1975, it most likely is the loop type you mentioned. Check out their website...they seem to have lots of options you may not find elsewhere....maybe even a choice of carpet type as well as moulded/vs cut and sewn, or kits for diy.
http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

7 years ago i bought a carpet don't remember from who, but,  i couldn't get it to fit,  sent it back,  but,  the reason i was trying to replace it was,  stain from a leaky heater core,  and someone suggested i get some rit clothing dye and delute it in a bucket of water and soak the carpet which worked great,   if thats the reason your replacing it,   just a thought,   jerry

Ford Blue blood

ACC in Anniston, AL make most of the typical "vendor" carpets.  I have used them extensively over the years and have not been disappointed.  You can order direct from them, if you want flat carpet to match the fitted you have ordered they will provide by the yard.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

X2  Even JCWhitney sells ACC kits.

Ron.

thomasso

Got mine from SMS Auto Fabrics  in Canby Oregon.  Original loop pile match and proper serge bound edges as factory.  They are molded. Expensive but correct if for point restoration.  $255 in 08.  Tom.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

SkylinerRon

ACC Carpets pass IFRC Showcase (Concours) standards.

Ron.

Contibob

Thank you for the responses, it gives me much needed info. I just recently purchased an interior kit from LeBaron Bonney and also decided to go with their Stayfast top as well. Am now trying to get them to fix problems with the top. I probably should have gone with KEE tops, but LB had a free shipping deal and I had heard good reviews on their products. Found out they use ACME tops and it is way to wide near the front and can't close my doors without lifting the top edges up to let the wing vent and window passed. We will see how they handle problems. As for the carpet, they said they did not have the pattern for the Sunliner yet. So that is why I am inquiring as to who might have it. Bob

Ford Blue blood

The rear floor pans for the Sunliner and Skyliner are different then the 500s.  They are deeper and slightly shorter because the rear seat bottom is a touch further forward then the 500 seat is.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II