News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ranchero restoration

Started by jruss, 2008-11-05 18:46

Previous topic - Next topic

jruss

I am starting to restore a 57 ranchero and I am wondering if there are any books,manuels,ect. showing the correct finishes on brackets,bolts,clips,fittings ,ect. Thanks James

Ford Blue blood

Get all the catalogs you can from vendors that cater to early Fords.  They have lots of info and search the internet for photos and specs.  Visit as many car shows that have 50s and 60s car, talk to people, us car guys love to talk about our car and don't keep any secrets.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Check out 1957Ford.com literally hundreds of pictures of just about any part out there and lots of other information. Really a gold mine site.javascript:void(0);
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

meteor

I have an entire ranchero parts car if you're interested, rear clip is bad but the frame is perfect and front clip is in great shape.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

Lou

First book you should buy is the 1957 Factory shop manual, second is the 1955-56-57 Ford Passenger Car and Thunderbird Chassis Parts and Accessories Catalog (Form # 7516)

jruss

Thank you for your replies. I have the body,trim and sealant and electrical manuals,parts and shop manuals and AMK Guide to Ford Fasteners book. With these and talking to people I am starting to answer some questions. I guess I am lazy as I was hoping there were judging or restoration books out there for the 57 Ford.

Lou

The 1953 Thru 1957 Passenger Car Thunderbird Truck Body Parts Catalog form #7422 is a book I forgot to mention, glad to see you got it. If you look in the back it shows every clip and where they go on all models of 57 Ford car. With the shop manual and master parts book these 3 books should answer 90% of your questions. The other 10% can probley be answered here.