News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

actually meeting members

Started by RICH MUISE, 2021-09-02 20:58

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Last week when Hugh passed thru, he kinda challenged me mentioning he had now physically met 6(?) members, and was therefore probably ahead of me and I needed to catch up. HA!!
Not sure I'll remember all, and not in any particular order
1. my first was Pat Fleishman(suede57), and many years later I briefly shook hands with his brother
2. James Fleishman (iamflashman)
3. met John (KYBlueoval) briefly at the Pate Swap meet and
4. AcrylicMan from Houston at the same meet
5.R Kurbouski from Denver at a meeting of forum members at the Black Forest home of
6. 57dohc (Al)
7. Jon (Hogwagon) from Colorado Springs was also there
8. as was a forum member from the Fort Collins area whose name and tag I can't remember
9.Doug (57Imposter) I met up with at the pavilion cruise in Scottsdale
10. RavenRider (Jerry?)several times in Phoenix and Mesa
11. FDLC (Les) from Colorado Springs We meet up several times a year for 3 or 4 years now
12. Eric (?)  from Rio Rancho, NM. His home is near the annual Park in the Park car show
13. name and tag I can't remember, he's the GTO goto guy in Oklahoma but had recently finished a gorgeous Ranchero. Only logged on a few times.
14. Lynn Allesi at his home in Baton Rouge on my Fla trip
15 James Potter, owner of this forum. We met up in Christian Pass, Ms. on my trip to Fla.
16 Bill (Ford Blue Blood) on my way home from fl. in Birmingham
17 Hugh...(knew I was forgetting somebody).....he's passed thru Amarillo 3 times now..hopefully, the next meet will be in Missouri!!
18 john Garcia from the area south of Taos  grey and white retrac

may be one or two others from this forum, I've met 5 or 6 from my Hamb side club. yep.forgot......

19. Alan (?) from New Zealand who has been by twice not sure of his name, wife is Julie I believe.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Uh...was more than 6 pisan!
Alvin..I could spend an entire day just looking at all the stuff on his walls that go with the cars. Every time I am there I swear I see something new!
Thomasso...what a collection of information/parts he has! I was amazed at the OE things he had...and the information he has amassed over the years! Whew!
Terry...he is doing a remarkable job on his car in a minimal amount of space!
Gary in Adrian MI is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge on my favorite motor...the FE
John in Louisville is a builder with an eye toward not only the beauty his Ranchero will be but toward the slightest upgrades that will help to make that car last for decades with no new mods needed!
Mike (1930deco) While I wasn't able to see his car due to time constraints, we have all seen his progress and he is a man of detail to the smallest part...and has been holding out on us...he has some other sweet toys in his garage that he needs to us show one day...huh Mike?!?!!?  :001:
Abe...who is a man of many talents...wood as well as cars. His ride is like many yet...in progress, but at least his (unlike mine at this moment) runs! And he also is holding out on some beauties
Lanny in New Mexico is another who's forward thinking will pay benefits down the road when his car is finished. He is a third one who has some nice bodies sitting on rubber that any of us would be happy to run down to the A&W in!
Then of course there is Rich...who's wife feeds me well, who's dogs love Sasha and who himself knows every place in town worth picking up a fork!
Forgot about Dan Langdon in WA...he was actually the first member I met in person...back in '16...and he has one beautiful Courier!

Now...in my defense...he has never talked about a lot of these fellows from days gone by...and he has been around longer than I...so in actually less than 2 years...I have tallied 1/2 as many as he. And had Canada not been closed down...I'd have added our BC brothers as well before I left WA state. (Might be a good initiation run for the Courier when it's done. Start in Nova Scotia and head east!  :002: )

And yea Rich...Meeting here would be great! Seven acres of parking guys... :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

59meteor

Uh, Hugh, now than I too have left the west coast, for Nova Scotia, it would be great to meet you, BUT if you head EAST from Nova Scotia, you will be getting wet rather quickly! (I am less than 1/2 hour to the Atlantic Ocean, about the same distance I used to be to the Pacific.)
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

mustang6984

Ah...yes...good point! I would then head east to see YOU...and follow that visit up with a drive WEST...duh! My mind was already in bed when I typed that. LOL!!! I have always wanted to do the trip fro one side of Canada to the other on the low hiway...is it hwy 1?
I did part of it from the east end of Glacier National park in Montana with a buddy in '82...we went north into Canada...then headed west toward BC. I remember it as being some of the most beautiful and scenic places...had to take a ferry across a lake...no charge as it was considered part of the hiway, and just drank in the gorgeous views across the water. Didn't have a camera at the time, and have little memories of names and such. I just remember how beautiful and majestic the entire drive was. And the people were just super kind and accommodating. I so want to do that from side to side...I was told it was the "old hiway" I believe.
My love of Canada led to Cindy and I even discussing retiring there...was a serious option...looking at Calgary. My dad's mom was born on the Canadian side of my Great Grandfather's horse ranch back when it was still in the family. One third of it was in Canada, the rest was in Montana. According to my dad, her parents were branding horses on the north side when her mom went into labor...so she was born in Canada. Her older brother, my uncle Les was born in Montana in the ranch house.
So this trip....is high on my bucket list.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

59meteor

Hugh, yes, the drive across Canada is a long one, we drove just under 4000 miles, or 6000 kilometers, when we did our move from the Vancouver BC area, to Nova Scotia. By far the longest trip that I have ever driven, but a great trip none the less. It may get "boring" if you were a big rig driver doing it on a regular basis, but we really enjoyed the journey, even driving a fully maxxed out F350 Dually towing a fully loaded (and then some!) 24 foot car trailer. We took our time, only driving 350-500 miles per day, all during daylight hours, other than the last stretch from Eastern Quebec to our new home, a hour Southwest of Halifax Nova Scotia. That was about 650 miles, but we needed to be at the house to meet the real estate agent and get our keys. Now, after this Covid deal gets done, I will want to do some more long drives thru the USA. If the borders were open, I would have been in Pennsylvania right now, for the Ford FE Race and Reunion at Beaver Springs Dragstrip with my 59. Some of the larger (Hershey, in particular) swap meets, and some big Ford meets are on the old "bucket list".
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

mustang6984

That is indeed a long trip!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker