Lets all welcome new member, Ranchero Wizard, Steve Huggins wife...

Started by JPotter57, 2008-11-16 13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I just received the application for membership a few days ago, and I thought it odd, knowing that Steve Huggins had been known as the Ranchero Wizard for years.   I read the email that came with it, and found that it was actually Steves wife who had found our site.  She said she wished Steve had found out about it, but that he had only started using the computer in 2007 to sell stuff on ebay.  At any rate, his wife's name is Evelyn, and I told her that she would always be welcome here, and that I would think it would be a great honor to her late husband to use the name Ranchero Wizard.  She also told me that now, she still refers most of the calls to Steven Pierce in 29 Palms, CA.  I am sure most of you know that he carries quite a number of `57 parts too.  What you may not know, is that they shared stuff back and forth for the last 15 to 20 years.
Everyone, please extend the welcome mat to Evelyn Huggins, who will remain known here as the Ranchero Wizard.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

johns2000

Welcome aboard Evelyn, I've had the pleasure of talking with Steve on several occasions although it's been a couple of years I believe. He was always very helpful and pointed me in the right direction if he didn't have what I needed.

John

smurfee

HI & WELCOME aboard young lady, its nice to know we now have a thing of beauty here other than a car: SMURFEE  :icon_bigsmurf:  :unitedstates:
NEVER LOOK BACK

Zapato

Never met the "Wizard", wish I'd had have over the years heard nothing but good things about him. So welcome to the new "Wizard".

Zap :unitedstates:

How do we contact Steve Pierce? Does he have a website or catalog?
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Frankenstein57

Welcome aboard, I called the wizard once , and he was quite helpfull. thanks, Mark

wolfpupsdad

welcome aboard , enjoy your stay. we need all the help we can get, lol.

KidKourier

Welcome Evelyn,  Skip and Steve down here in Hemet,Ca. Our condolances on your loss,Steve was a unique individual as are you and his knowledge of '57 Fords will be a great loss to the '57 Ford community and this site. We have talked with you both a few times and always looked forward to seeing you at Pomona(especially on Fathers Day swapmeet) to check out your parts and see if Steve could find that special part that always seemed to elude us.Steve found out that I had a '57 Tudor Custom 300 but really wanted a 2-dr wagon,he called me and offered a trade,each of us sent pics but wanted a visual,so Steve loaded the wagon on to a friends flatbed from No.Cal. and truck it down to Riverside where I ment him after loading mine on a trailer. We both eyeballed each others vehicle as we were B.Sing,we looked at each other for a minute,smiled,wallah,the trade was on! Steve and I have also done business with Steven Pierce another unique individully in the '57 Ford Family(aren't we?)when he had his yard down in Long Beach area.We've been talking about calling him an seeing about a road trip to 29 Palms for more parts,hope he has some left after his move!Again,we welcome you aboard,chat it up we'll answer!Some members aren't as bashfull as me so they'll write more(LOL)! Best wishes for the coming Holidays!  Steve & Skip(KID KOURIER)

shopratwoody

Welcome Evelyn,
We met at the Orange County Cruise back in the 80's. You brought to my attention I had a 58 rear
bumper on my 57 Ranchero which has since been corrected. That's back when I was Drag racing the
car. It looked like my avatar picture then.
  Very sorry for your loss. I have spoke with Steve many times and bought lots a parts from you guys
I always enjoyed talking with him. He was always very friendly and helpful.
  The best to you. He is thought of often.
Ron Woodside  :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ranchero Wizzard:

I echo the welcome to you and am sorry for your loss.  If you are ever down in Southern California and attending a car show such as Knott's, or one of the other larger shows, please look for our 57's and come by to say hello.  Whether it is Kid Courier, Shopratwoody, 57AGIN, or any of the other socal 57 owners, we'd love to say hi in person.

Bob
57AGIN 

cool57

Welcome Evelyn, glad to have you here. My condolences on your loss of a fine man.