News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Some pictures of my 57 Tudor

Started by hrsky, 2008-12-27 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I saw the Bowtie valve covers and thought, "Gawd, no", then I saw the adapters, then saw the distributor boss, whew...that was close.  You have a good start there.  When I was considering a 429-460 for my Custom, I thought about those adapters with some early M/T finned covers.  The BBC covers look so much cooler than the M/T covers for the 460...But, I decided on an FE for the final powerplant for mine. 
What headers, trans, etc are you using?  That body looks great and you have a good start on a cool ride...Keep us updated with pics...By the way, you can post your photos directly into the message, just use the additional options at the bottom of your post.  You can post up to 4 or 5 photos per message.  You cant do that in Quick reply, but if you use the reply or reply with quote buttons, you will see that option.  Again, nice job..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hrsky

Yeah its definitely a Ford 460 with DOVE heads, but the engine looks much cooler with these valve covers and people get a little confused!!!. I will be fabricating my own mounts and headers.  As the budget is tight thats the only way to do this project.  All the rust have been removed and the underside of the body is painted blue. The frame are sandblasted and painted black.  I also have a Skyliner, but inspired by this forum I had to get a Custom with more power than the 312.  How do I reduce the size of the pictures to post them here?  Thanks. HR

JPotter57

I think you can post pics up to .5 mb, cant remember right now.  I'll get into it and check when I get back home, I am visiting my folks and dont really have the unlimited and high speed access I have at home...
Old, loud, and fast.

hrsky

I think I figured it out.........? I'll try.

hrsky

More pics.  This is where I keep my axe!! :003:

JPotter57

Love the axe hanger....
Good looking undercarriage too.
Old, loud, and fast.

FORDNUT

What is that foreign car hubcap hanging on the wall?
At my age I am not required to act mature.

hrsky

Oh,  do you mean my "axe hanger" ? These are available at every swapmeet at reasonable prices. I gave $5, took it home and smashed my axe trough it and it suits perfect. lol  :003:

57tudor

I feel the same way about brand X   :taz:

Rick
57 Tudor

shopratwoody

Actually, I wonder why you like the Chevy V/C compared to the SVO Ford ones.
Weird for a Ford guy. :burnout:
I hate blocksanding!

hrsky

The engine looks much bigger and most people wonder: what is this??  and its a no name valvecover that's very cheap. I surely would love to have a Ford Motorsport vc, but then again ....$$.  For now I rather use my money on other parts as the car is missing a lot.  I surely hate to see Ch... parts on a Ford!!!!   HR.