News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fairlane 500

Started by rivowner1, 2011-12-03 12:07

Previous topic - Next topic

rivowner1

Hi, I recently joined the forum and have put some questions under electric etc. A short introduction. Living in Sweden 150 km north of Stockholm. Bought this Fairlane in picture below in January. I started my hobbie with american cars back in 1994 with a boattail. I sold that and bought another Buick Riviera from a nice fellow in Salem Oregon, ROA:s regional coordinator there. Now I have the diagnos Ford 57. It is a Fairlane 500 2 d ht with a 351 Cleveland from 1970 with a FMX from 74 imported in the 90:s from US.
Best regards Jan

rivowner1

Sorry, wrong picture

Limey57

Very nice!  What size wheels & tyres are you running both front & rear?
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

both beautiful cars. Probably a language barrier problem..although your English is better than most of our here, I'm curious what you meant by "diagnos Ford 57" ?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rivowner1

Well, I am addicted to these cars from my early teen age days. Thats why I called it a diagnose and not a hobby, of course with a big portion of humour. I spent 20 years reading magazines like Hot Rod and Swedish corresponding news and then at last in 1994 I bought a Buick. So, I am not a super mechanic but I do as good as I can and enjoy in my new dreamgarage with a lot of good music etc. The colours in the garage is from 1972 years colours from Buick, sandal wood on the floor and sunburst yellow on the walls and another brown from the same source on the splines along the floor. I will come back with info on wheels. /Jan

57redwhitered

Rich,  I think that Jan has been exposed to the Ford 57 disease, poor fella.  The only cure that I have heard of is to get a 57 Ford and just the symptoms that it brings on.  Suffering with it myself.  Hoping everyone has a great holiday season.
1957 Skyliner

JPotter57

Black and red is one of my favorite color combos on Fairlane 500s....Very nice car Jan.  Buick looks good also.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.