News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New from New Zealand

Started by junior58, 2013-06-28 02:56

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

Here's my Fairlane 500 Town Victoria 4 door hardtop, owned for about 3 weeks now. Was parked in 1973 until found under a layer of dust about 5 years ago and brought to New Zealand by a mate of mine who unfroze the motor, rebuilt the brakes and front end and tinkered away bringing it back to life, but never got to putting it back on the road. Decided to sell it and that's where I stepped. Apart from the wheels and tyres, and a major clean, this is how it was when found and how it will stay. It's 312, Fordomatic, power windows, seat, steering and brakes, with drivers side spotlight/mirror and centre trunk mounted aerial. Everything works but needs going through to bring back to good working order, so I have lot's of weekend jobs to do. It's a real survivor, "barn find" if you like.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

57 Ford Kustom

Junior, welcome to the site! Your car is beautiful, very very nice shape! Thanks, Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

That car survived incredibly well....Great find. I'm surprised your friend never put it on the road...your good fortune it appears. Are those the original California blk/yellow plates?
Welcome to the site....We've got at least 2 others from New Zealand....Alstoy and Kiwiragtop if I remember correctly.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

Some guys have all the luck! Nice car.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

F570RD

Frankenstein57

Beautifull car, welcome! :006:

junior58

Thanks for the kind words, guys. They are Cal plates (blue / yellow), but now registered on NZ plates. We can run personalised plates over here so I'm going to look into the possibility of running the Cal plates as personalised ones. My mate that I bought the car off had too many projects and decided to let a couple go so he could concentrate on his favourites (like his Grandaddies 55 Cusso)
Steve McKnight

junior58

Victoria has just had some new make up applied
Steve McKnight

RICH MUISE

Nice touch. I have always loved a good pinstripe job..they're just timeless. Keep us posted....some '57 pics with some New Zealand scenery would be great!
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

Nice, very nice! Thanks, Tim  :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

junior58

At last weekends Tararua Rodders Chrome n Custom show, with a few of my fellow Soprano's Street Rods members
Steve McKnight

Limey57

Love the pin-striping!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

robhaerr

Love the Rat Fink!

They need to create a 57 Ford Rat Fink shirt...runnin' over a Chevy. Make it a wagon badass grocery-getter.

junior58

We do the Rat Fink as a trophy every year for our annual Soprano's picnic. We present it to the best represented club that turn up to the picnic. The Tararua club has won it numerous times, so loaned them back to us to put in front of our cars at their show. There is quite a competition every year to win one.
Steve McKnight

Ecode70D

Your car sure does look like a survivor.  Time was very kind to it.