News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New from New Zealand

Started by junior58, 2013-06-28 02:56

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

Haven't posted anything for a while so thought I'd share a photo my 17 year old son, Sam, took while at our hotrod clubs recent AGM.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

junior58

You know how you never get to hear how your car sounds? After having my mate Pete give me a hand to build a new exhaust for Victoria (actually, I gave him a hand, thanks Pete), everyone has been telling me how good it sounds now. So, after getting back from the Tui Brewery run yesterday and dropping my boys off, on the way back home I pulled over and explained to my partner, Clare, what I wanted - accelerate away with your foot up it, then turn around and come back past me at speed so I get to hear it under acceleration and also as drive-by. "Yep no problem" she says. But while I wasn't looking, Nana must have got behind the wheel cos it was all a bit gentle. When she came back looking very pleased with herself and asked how it was, I told her how I really wanted it done this time. She's a quick learner - off she went, foot hard up it then back for the drive-by still hard up it, that ol' 312 never sounded sweeter. When she got back to pick me up, I asked her how it was "I had my foot flat both times, it was a bit scary" she says, grinning from ear to ear. Now she wants to make her Harley a bit louder. That's my girl.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter