News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Our 57 in progress

Started by 65kcode, 2013-11-04 20:05

Previous topic - Next topic

65kcode

This is the new project, maybe somebody will recognize and give information...
As we bought it, put my Mustang wheels on it to move it (tires were weather checked and flat)

Ford Blue blood

Nice looking, looks solid!  Your starting point is not too far from what a lot of folks would call finished.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

65kcode

Thanks, It has a 20' paint job and to much bondo but we will get to that later.

Rebuilt the front end with stock geometry, but used Aerostar springs and spindles/disks from a 71 LTD. All bolted right up.

Lowered down pretty nicely..

Kevin

Wirenut

Sharp looking 57, I like the ride height. Did you powder coat the stainless trim or paint. I think you stepped outside of the box and hit a home run on the color scheme. I went with the same black on top but red on bottom and I like the look. Great job and the wheels make it look like it's hauling ass standing still..

Limey57

Seconded on the ride height, sits just right!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

yep..what they said....like the ride height, like the color scheme. I sure like the insert deletion on the side trim. What vintage Mustang was that you borrowed the wheels from? Wheel and tire sizes? Is that back pan rolled, or just bumperless?
Is this a second '57?
That hood scoop is what I've got on mine, except I turned it around for cowl induction look. It's '83 or '84 Mustang GT.
Wirenut..you got yours painted? Did I miss the pics?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

65kcode

Thanks guys, the ride height does look very good right now, we'll see what it looks like after we put the 428FE in it.

@wirenut- The stainless was painted, starting to flake in areas.  I wish I could take the credit on the color scheme, but it was already painted when we bought it.

@RICH- The wheels are from my 65 Mustang fastback, 17x8 all around, front skins are 225/45/17, and the rears are 245/45/17. The back spacing is 4.75".  They fit it really nicely, no apparent rubbing issues, but never drove it either. When I did the front disk swap, the wheels won't fit over the hub now.... Wasn't planning on using them, but something to think about if somebody decided they want to do so.

Here's a picture, with the wheel sitting there but not tight to the hub.

65kcode

@rich- it is just bumperless right now, and this is the only one we have left, we had 3 retractables (all needing ALOT of work) at one point, but have sold them off over the last 5 years or so.

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the info...knew you had posted before, but you called it a new project, so I wasn't sure. What's in it for an engine now?....lol..hope there's something or that nose is gonna be on the ground

65kcode

RICH MUISE

I'm not sure if those spindles create a drop or not...if so you may end up going to stock spindles or stock springs. The guys that have tried the aerostar springs along with dropped (Granada)spindles have reported it didn't work.

65kcode

I measured everything out and the spindles were exactly the same location of the spindle shaft as the ones we took off.  It might be an illusion, it's not that low in person.  I guess we will see shortly, almost ready to put engine/transmission in the car. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.....