News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Nine Passenger Pictures?

Started by jseth83, 2015-01-17 22:13

Previous topic - Next topic

jseth83

Just started working on my 6-passenger Country Sedan this week, and am very excited about it.  It made me curious though, what was the interior of the 9 passenger cars built like?  I did a little searching but couldn't find any good pictures.  I was wondering how the interior was set up.  If anyone with a 9 passenger has pictures then I'd love to see them. 
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

robhaerr

Mine is a 9-passenger (body style 79C), but I don't have the 3rd seat in the back.

Is this video, you can see the rear area briefly at 2:09. The 2nd seat is a 60/40 split...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj-5odSvX7E

I don't have any photos of how the back area folds up for the 3rd rear seat, but I could take some later. You can also scroll thru these photos, but there isn't one showing the 3rd seat...
http://www.1957ford.com/asp/gallery.aspx?catmstrid=1&catdetid=20

Cheers!
Rob

junior58

I have a 9 seater '58 Edsel Bermuda here that I have these two photos of the interior. I can take some more if there is anything specific that you want to see but I won't be able to do them for a couple of weeks as I am just about to head off in my 57 to do a roadtrip to the South Island for Muscle Car Madness and a holiday, and won't have time to do them before I go. I'll check on here when I get back if you still want any.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

jseth83

Thanks guys!  I really appreciate it, those are exactly what I was looking for.  We are going to do some modifications to ours and so we are trying to get a good plan ahead of time.  Thanks again!
67 Mustang

robhaerr

OK...here is mine. I do not have the 3rd rear seat, but you can see how the rear folds open since junior58 has a seat.

Hopes this helps a little more!

Photos 091, 092 shows the black rubber that came off the carpet mat backing I keep in the back..."pardon the dust".

The last photo "wagon 094" is looking towards the rear into the seat if it was there. Looks like the seat would fold flat over/in front of the spare tire area. Pretty thin cushions!

Rob

jseth83

Thanks, I really appreciate it.  I want to do some custom work on the inside of ours but haven't figured out exactly what I want to do yet.  My tank is beyond bad so I'm probably going to use an aftermarket fuel tank and re-do the floor pans/spare tire area.
67 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Love that upholstery, Rob...very very nice. Is that a shotgun wrapped up in the towel?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

robhaerr

Thanks, Rich!

Shotgun...nope...I would mount one in a more convenient location!

It's actually a jack...not sure if the correct one or not, but it is the correct style. Hoping to not have to use...the spare tire is the correct one and pretty rotted.

Rob

Lucky'57

You have a really nice unit there Rob. Jeth, send pics. I have a Club Vic, but gosh those wagons sure are beautiful, I always thought that the "Sedan's" were hot, but when you look at those old wagons, you just fall all in... Long live the wagon.  :canada: And hey!, Canadian Ranchero, how's the V8 coming along?
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

RICH MUISE

Gary/CanadianR is running a thread on his install in the engines section.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

robhaerr

Quote from: Lucky'57 on 2015-01-31 22:32
You have a really nice unit there Rob.

Thank you!
Rob