News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Member - 57 Custom

Started by octane, 2019-09-27 20:27

Previous topic - Next topic

octane

Hello All.  New to the forum, but have been looking around for a while.  I recently bought my first 57.  I had been looking for about a year before finally making the purchase.  Paint is 5 to 6 years old, has a 390 with a Toploader 4 Speed.  It has a disc brake conversion on the front, but kept the manual steering box, has a heater, radio delete, interior has been redone as well.  It has some dents and dings, the cowl vent drains have some rust, but I can deal with that stuff for now.  The car had polished torq thrust wheels on it when I brought it home.  The steel wheels came with it along with a set of '57 hub caps.  At this point, we've put the steel wheels and tires on and lowered the whole car a bit.
Octane

57 Custom
63 Galaxie
70 F100
(2) 71 Chevrolet C10's

RICH MUISE

A lot to be said for 5 or 6 year old paint jobs with a few dings.........makes for a more enjoyable/worry free driver. Thanks for the intro. I wish all the new guys did that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

Great looking car! I have always been a big fan of base stripper models with plenty of power under the hood. Sleepers rule. Looks perfect as is.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

hiball3985

What a great machine, thats exactly what I would want.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Awesome looking car! I looked for mine for a year...Put a 390/toploader trans in it originally (now a 462FE)....steel wheels replaced the Keystones that were on the car.....Mine is black and white but VERY much like yours! Welcome to the forum!
Lynn

djfordmanjack

now that is a great car and what a wicked stance! absolutely loving it! Welcome to the forum!

thumper

Welcome, that's a nice 57, i am fairly new here as well and this a great site, super nice bunch of people and full of knowledge.
Wayne
Wayne Williams
1957 ford Fairlane 500
2013 Ford F150 XLT
2018 Ford Fusion EcoBoost (Wifes car)

octane

Thanks to all for the great comments.  I have a set of '57 and '63 hub caps I was going to pick from.  I thought it so cool with just the steel wheels.... I figured I  would run it like at first.  I'll put the '57 caps on next spring, maybe.
Octane

57 Custom
63 Galaxie
70 F100
(2) 71 Chevrolet C10's

Wirenut

Welcome to the Forum, nice looking car! Great group to be a member of and vast amount of knowledge of 57's willing to share.