News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Our new project Fairlane 500

Started by Buckaroo, 2019-12-18 20:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckaroo

In late November 2019, my wife and I bought a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 project car.  The paint, engine and tranny are done.  The frame has been painted and it looks like new underneath.  It has a 390 engine from an early 60s Thunderbird.  It also has bucket seats and console.  It has a new headliner and side panels.  It also has new seat covers but unfortunately they did not pad the seats.  The seats and console are at the upholsterer getting redone.  Console is being covered to match the seats.  We have to finish the wiring and installing the inside windshield trim.  Also ordered a radio, speaker, new carpet and electric wipers.  We hope to have it in shape for Back to the 50s in June.  If we have confidence in the car it may just be our ride to Cruising the Coast in late September. 

RICH MUISE

Great looking car. Ones that good are hard to come by......you done good! 2 more beautiful Ford products in the garage. Yours also, or the seller's place? I think you previously mentioned a prior T-bird project, so I knew it isn't your first rodeo.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

VERY NICE! If you wind up going to Cruisin' the Coast let us know! I am less than 2 hrs from Gulfport.
Lynn

Buckaroo

Rich, unfortunately that is the sellers garage, not mine.  I could only dream of having something like that.  I think we do have a decent collection of cars.  Our oldest is a 1915 Ford Model T.  We also have a few newer Ts.  Also in our garage is a 1958 Thunderbird coupe, 65 Mustang coupe, 17 Mustang convertible, 85 Porsche 944 and a 91 Porsche cabriolet with 27,000 miles.  This 57 is sort of our hot rod.

Twice we have gone to Cruisin the Coast.  Wedid not go this year because we were asked to help out the Model T Ford Club of America at their booth at the Hershey swap meet.  We are planning on going this year just unsure if we will take the 57 or our 65 Mustang.  We love to meet up with car people.  Car people are the best.

rovohn

That car is friggin gorgeous
Cheers,John :canada:
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

Buckaroo

Thank you for the comment.  We had the same impression when we saw it the first time.  I will post some photos of the interior once we get the seats back from the upholsterer.  Right now I am finishing the wiring and heater cables.  Also am adding an antenna in the middle of the trunk, electric wipers, radio, outside mirror and gauges.  We want to add power steering but that may not get done before cruising season starts.  This the most modified car we have.  In its own way it is our hotrod.

Thanks again for the comment.

CobraJoe

I know I'm late to the show, but that car is absolutely beautiful and I love the FE! Congratulations!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane