News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Current Pictures

Started by lalessi1, 2020-04-06 14:34

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

I thought I would post a few current pictures of my Custom.... for entertainment value
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

I like it!  Especially that ol FE!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Flyineatride

Marc

rmk57

Those are the same colors I wanted to paint mine, except leaving the roof black. Looks sharp.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

KYBlueOval

Very nice Lynn...........I really like the steel wheels and dog dish hub caps.
John

hiball3985

SUPER NICE! Looks like it is ready to tear up some asphalt :burnout:. Did you ever get the over heating problem sorted out?

Just saw the other post regarding heating..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-04-06 17:16
  Those are the same colors I wanted to paint mine, except leaving the roof black. Looks sharp.

That was my thought as well.. I saw a pic of a Texas car with a black roof on the forum (I think) and I REALLY liked it. I decided to leave mine alone in the name of "stock".
Lynn

suede57ford

Great job!  I really like the way you have it.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

terry_208

Is it possible to get a close up of how you did the split between the colors at the top?  I've been trying to figure out how the factory did that.  If it was split at the top edge of the rain gutter, there will be a little contrasting color along the front edge of the top which might look a little off.  I also want my color to appear stock.

I know how the colors split around the rear window but the split at the top has me scratching my head.
Terry

lalessi1

My car was a white car that was two-toned by the previous owner. I saw an original two-tone black and white (it was a black first) car that had never been repainted and I fixed the paint break where he had not done it correctly.
Lynn

terry_208

Thanks, Lynn. I was thinking of something about like that.  It would be easy to make the edge at the top of the rain gutter but I had been thinking it would look a little off.  Your picture explains how to do it.
Terry

59meteor

Car looks great, are those original door panels, in great condition, or repros? If they are repros, where did you get them? I want new door panels for my 59 Custom Tudor, which SMS make, but don`t really want to wait a year (or more!)
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

lalessi1

Those are the original door panels. They are not in perfect shape but they are presentable. I massaged them a little bit, I am planning on making new panels myself with a little local help. I did find the original build sheet stapled to the bak of the passenger door panel!
Lynn

rmk57

I just noticed your seat was recovered with the same design as mine. Pretty close anyways.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429