Vacuum Booster & Master Cylinder for Granada Front Disc Brake Conversion

Started by 57AGIN, 2010-02-09 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

I recently converted my 57's frond disc brake system to an ABS electric hydraulic powered system.  I have the complete vacuum boost setup and master cylinder available.  Free for any 57 FORD owner.  Location Southern Calif.

Bob
57AGIN

RICH MUISE

How did the new system work out for ya? I'm planning on a 4.6 d.o.h.c. and may need to go that route because of clearance problems with a big booster.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

The electric hydraulic system works really great and it allows you to locate the hydraulic pump and small accumulator in whatever location you decide to put it.  When I go start the car, I turn the key on and wait until the pump presurizes the brake system the start the engine.  I've never had a problem with the system.  My only concern has been my ground clearance from where I mounted the system.  I put it on the frame just below the driver seat and my ground clearance to the bottom of the accumulator drain is 3.5 inches, the same as to the bottom of my electric header system and front of my traction bars (so I take car in parking lots with speed bumps).

Bob
57agin

Ford Blue blood

Bob, think I PMed you, I did just don't know it went through.  Send me your info and I'll pay pal shipping for that booster/cylinder if you still have it.  Want to up grade the Ranchero.  Thanks, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57AGIN

Ford Blue Blood:

I just sent you a personal message with all my contact info.  Get in touch with me and we'll get the equipment off to you (my wife will be real happy).  Attached is a photo of the set-up.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

Ford Blue Blood:

I really apologize, but my home computer got a hold of a viscious virus and over two months later I'm still trying to get the home system straightened out.  Please send me an email to rlee@ovsd.org with your shipping information and we'll get the braking system out to you.  My wife will then get off my case about collecting 57 parts all over the garage. LOL

Bob
57AGAIN