News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Windshield

Started by lalessi1, 2019-04-11 07:07

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

I have a used windshield for a Custom/Ranchero/wagon that can be had if anybody needs one. Not sure about shipping but my new windshield came in a box so...
Lynn

fdlrc

Curious as to where you purchased your new windshield?
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

lalessi1

Auto City Classic Glass. I bought my gas tank from them also. Good service, reasonable prices. They will deliver glass free to an event they attend.
Lynn

Contibob

I have heard that the new glass is thinner than original. Any comments?

thomasso

I had to buy two from them for my Conv.  They were fine.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

lalessi1

I am kinda cheatin' on the install. I had the glass shipped to the shop that does old cars like ours for the installation. I pulled the original glass to check for corrosion and was thrilled to find original paint/metal in perfect condition. I haven't seen the new windshield yet, but I will check the thickness on Monday.
Lynn

lalessi1

I had the new windshield installed yesterday. It was .249" thick, the old one was .269". I imagine metric thickness glass on the new one plus the laminate film thickness. BTW the glass shop charged me $75, I was pleased!
Lynn

fdlrc

Do you know if sealer was used in the glass or frame channel during install? I need to reinstall mine soon. When my Mustang glass was installed there wasn't any sealant used and it leaked, front and rear glass. Thanks

lalessi1

Yes, they used sealer in the channel of the rubber that the glass sits in and a bead of sealer was used on the body where the rubber sits. We discussed it before hand. The shop has been in business since '72 and the owner and his son are car people. They came highly recommended.
Lynn

fdlrc

Thanks a mil.