News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

control arm bushings

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2015-02-01 00:27

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

here is a neat tool i found in my pile of old ford tools.it is from 1963 and has adapters for other size bushings.works on the lower control arm only

hiball3985

Now thats a cool tool to have, I've never seen one. I had to make my own..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Neat tool. I made my own using threaded rod and sockets from a cheap Harbor Freight 3/4 socket set. I was working on my Jeep a few years ago and needed a large socket I didn't have. The local auto stores wanted like 22. for the one socket, so I went to Harbor freight and bought a complete 3/4 socket set on sale for 35. The ratchet is crap, in fact fell apart on me when I used it the one time, but got it put back together. I've used the sockets for uses other than intended a half dozen times now including a forming tool for my window channels, and replacing control arm bushings as you have.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

the new lower bushings are wider than stock.had to put a port-a -power on the frame to spread the control arm mount points a little bit.no shims needed,nice and tight

Raven Rider

I'll send mine to you so you can use the tool more often no use in everyone having it.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe