News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Anyone 'bagged?

Started by AntiBling, 2009-01-05 19:46

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiBling

Alright just curious if anyone on here has 'bagged a '57 Ford or the same suspension?

Just wondering what people did on the front?  I've got double convoluted 2600 LB bags right now.

Really looking for some pictures to see how much you cut if you had to cut at all.

I ordered some cups for a 88-98 fullsize chevy pickup and the upper cup will fit fine but I'll have to cut up the frame for bag clearance something fierce and the main things that has me worried is there is the thick plate on the outside that the suspension rides on at full extension, and it appears the spring cup is double walled and if I cut it out down below will it screw anything up. 

Or would a sleeved bag solve my problems here? 

I've also considered taking the lower cup to a machine shop, having them chucking it in a lathe and cutting it down to about 1" and welding the cut off portion to the upper cup to bring it down more so the bag doesn't go up in the cup but the bag has 8"s of travel and at full extension between the lower A-arm and the frame is only 6.5"s. 

AntiBling

Well for anyone who's wanting to bag their car.  I went with Slam Specialties RE6's up front, they will give me the clearance I need without having to cut on the frame. 

I'll only be using the upper cup, and welding in a plate to the lower a-arm instead of the lower cup. 

I'll get more pictures once I get everything bolted up.  I gotta clean up some boogers left by whoever welded the frames on the factory line then start putting everything together. 

billylongroof

I bagged my Del Rio last year and had a full season of trouble cruising.  I used Air Ride Technologies Shock Waves on the front with their "over the springs" bags on the rear with all bur 2 leafs removed.  The car rides and drives great with rack and pinion/ disc brake set up and 3 inch dropped Fat Man spindles.  You can see a picture in the club gallery.  Its the yellow and white one.  Let me know if you want any more details.
Billylongroof

gasman826

Just one of the many things I like about air bags............NO spring compressor!!!!!!!!!