News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Brake Light Switch

Started by clubcoupe57, 2007-02-27 19:58

Previous topic - Next topic

clubcoupe57

Hey guys, just finished my disc brake conversion seems to work fine still need to get my front end alignied, My next question is I did away with the pressure brake switch and want to install a electric switch,, I was  wondering what is the best way to mount it? Someone suggested to get a mid 60s brake switch? Has anyone did this before, sure appreciate the feed back!!!

shopratwoody

Checkout General Tech, Brake rod article, page 2
Later, Ron
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Hey Ron, I re-read that thread and did it bring back fun times!

Clubcoupe57, I wound up drilling a hole in the top of the pedal support bracket and mounted the switch.  Because the pedal does not completely return to "home" it works fine.   If it fails it is accessible also.

Good luck, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Roger, that thread was fun...  :happy1: and my car still had a vacuun booster on which is still on a 56 Ford
pickup. Not a resevoir [?] a booster....I think it was Patrick who mentioned those compartments behind your
seat going under the floor. Where did that come from? I've had 6 or 7 Rancheros and none of mine had those.
I even had one where the dash chrome trim had horizonal grooves instead of vertical. Who knows, maybe that was
from a '58. Well , at least you gotta shoulder bolt now :rock_band:
Later, Ron  :004:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Compartment under the floor?  You mean the openings that provide access under the bed?  I've seen Rancheros that do not have them, it is blocked off.    Back in the late 50's I remember a friend had a '57 with the horizontal  bars on the dash chrome and we wondered wth (I cleaned that up) then.   Also, Tom made mention some time back about the two different kinds of ash trays; Seen that too.  Interesting differences.   And my shoulder bolt...   ...had to get another one for the car so I could keep the first one under my pillow.

...as of Apr 2007

57 Ford Kustom

There is also difference on where the hole is to open the hood when the cable malfuctions >:( and the front bumber licence plate holes some need a bracket others don't. ??? :icon_scratch:

T :glasses9:M    :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RAWms

I just received the March/April "V8 Times" from the Early Ford V8 Club.  For folks wanting to use a pressure brake light switch, Ron Francis is offering a new low pressure unit that only takes 20-50 pounds of pressure instead of the older 60-120 pounds.   It uses the 1/8" pipe thread and comes with a new connector and leads.   It is compatible with silicone brake fluid which evidently caused the older type to fail.    r

...as of Apr 2007

wolfpupsdad

i mounted a simple brake lite switch under the dash on the brake peddle hanger. napa cost $3.00, took me about an hour or so , making mounting bracket and all.